Which rad would do for 2x 580

Associate
Hi folks,

Due to the close proximity of my cards on this MB the top card gets a little toasty ie almost 30 deg higher than the bottom one!!

Although having vowed never to return to watercooling i see no other option to solve this issue, short of going back to deltas. Anyhow, the question is, which rad would do the job of cooling just the 2x 580s? would a 360 surfice? or should i look for more ...especially as we are likely to get a hot summer.

Will be run with a single DD Monsoon, D5 vario pump, EK blocks + 1/2 tubing. I have half a dozen viper fans left over from a previous build i could use on the rad.

Associate
a pa 120.3 will be just fine with a set of decent fans on them especially if you are not putting your cpu on the loop.

People are starting to go my willy is bigger than yours with rad size you dont need a 500x5 or whatever to be able to cool modern components. Go check skinnee labs or xs forums if you wan't expert advice; there are some charts over at skinees which will tell you what heat load a set of rads will remove for whatever heat source and you will find the pa is sufficient for acceptable temps and noise.

I was running an overclocked 480gtx and i7 at 4.2ghz on a rubbish black ice 120.2 for a while and temps were fine.

Associate
OP
I had to wait about 3 weeks for them to come back in stock and even then not sure if i made the right choice, seems to be some issues over glue fails. I shall see - hasnt arrived yet.

Associate
I had to wait about 3 weeks for them to come back in stock and even then not sure if i made the right choice, seems to be some issues over glue fails. I shall see - hasnt arrived yet.

mmmmm...not heard that but dangerden products are very high quality...i wouldnt be overly concerned especially if you got one from the second batch...which it appears you did....if there was an issue they would have resolved it for sure.....i have 110% confidence in them ;)

Associate
OP
Sorry, before i settle on the Thermochill rads has anyone used the new(ish) Phobya rads ...seem a damn sight cheaper for not that much difference in performance if Skinee labs is anything to go by.

Back
Top Bottom