Which RAM and PSU with this setup please

Associate
DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard £79.95
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 90nm (Socket 939) - OEM £119.95
Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket 754/939/940) £15.95
Subtotal £215.85
VAT £37.78
Total £253.63

Which memory would you suggest for the best overclock with this setup please guys.
Opinions on the best case PSU combo would be welcomed also.
Thanks in advance.

That depends really, cos you can always run a divider if the ram won't go high enough without compromising the timings.

The best for an AMD system in general is the Mushkin Redline or the OCZ Platinum PC4000. Both at £234 inc, which is a lot of money just for ram IMO.

As far as the PSU goes, either the Tagan Easicon or the Enermax liberty modular PSU's are good. What wattage are you looking for?

Budgets????

Have you already bought the items in your spec?

speedyj said:
No not yet. Also I should add that I'm looking for a good price/performance memory and not the BEST ;)

As I mentioned it's kind of irrelivant, what ram you use as long as it's PC3200 or above. It won't effect your overclock at all.

You could get the Geil Value PC3200 Ram and stick it on a divider and get the HTT on your DFI board to 280mhz fairly easily.

The Ram will however effect overall system performance, there is nothing at all wrong with the Geil Value Ram but if you want something that has much tighter timings then look at the OCZ Platinum PC3200 at £165 inc. It will do 2-3-2-5, which I don't think you'll be able to beat for off the shelf timings.

If you're looking for a case c/w PSU then look at the Antec Sonata with the 450w antec PSU included for about £75 if memory serves.

Back
Top Bottom