Which RGB to connect?

Associate
Quick question, just finishing off building a PC and I don't really understand RGB that much when it comes to connecting.

I have a Coolermaster HAF 700 with an ARGB Gen 2 Controller, an EK Nucleus AIO with D-RGB and a motherboard saying it has an Aura Sync with a Aura RGB header and a Addressable Gen 2 header. The AIO D-RGB has 2 female 3 pin connections and The ARGB on the case hub also has 3 male connection so they can connect but are they the same thing, can I connect those?

The mother board Aura thing has 2 headers, one 3 pin and one 4 pin but manual seems to suggest these are just for LED strips?

At them moment I don't want to risk plugging them in so no RGB running on the AIO which is fine but if I connect them to the hub thing then why not.

Cheers for any help on this

3 pin is 5v addressable leds
4 pin is 12v non addressable
As for led strips
Fans basically have led strips in them
I treat them both the same
As long as each set of items is 5v or 12v
I even have led strips daisy chained off my fans
I just tell the software it's an led strip
And add up amount of leds in the strip and in the fans
And call it a custom led strip with that total amount of leds
Works fine for me
Assuming you don't exceed the total amount of leds
Each of your headers is rated for

ok so just so I'm sure,

I can plug both the EK AIO fan LEDs (single connection from a daisy chain of 3 fans) which is a 3 pin female connection into the 3 pin male connection on the ARGB controller built onto the coolermaster case, and then plug the second 3 pin female connector for the LEDs in the pump of said EK AIO into the other spare 3 pin male connector on the same ARGB controller because they are all 5v addressable connections no matter that one is call ARGB and the other is called D-RGB?

Last edited:
Yes assuming they are standard addressable connectors
And not jst or some sort of
Ek proprietary connectors
And that the case hub also is standard
The whole rgb things a total mess tbh

A quick look at the product page
Does suggest they're standard 5v connection
Though I have no idea if there's more than 1 version
Or an updated version or anything

Ok just connected them to the on case ARGB controller and.... it worked perfectly lol

though it didn't light up to start with but once you install the software you can then activate them and then sync it with the case fans so all good.

Thank you for your help

Back
Top Bottom