Which screen for game development?

Associate
Hello,

I've been doing game development for the last 3 years using a CRT at 1600x1200 which unfortunately just broke.

Now I'm looking for a replacement but I'm not sure what to go for...

I'm using 3Ds Max, and coding with a black text on white background layout for 12+ hours a day so it obviously needs to be easy on the eyes and, due to testing games it needs to have no/very little ghosting. I was going to go for the 'Belinea 2225S1W 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor ' but after reading some bits on here, and a review about it I'm having second thoughts.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks! :)

Associate
i would reccomend the Dell 2007WFP i have one and there exelnt monitors v close to no ghosting and its pretty easy on the eyes i use mine on avg 16 hours a day and i get on with it fine and the resolution is 1680x1050 also you can use the monitor in portrait exelent for typing and coding :D

Associate
PU7E said:
i would reccomend the Dell 2007WFP i have one and there exelnt monitors v close to no ghosting and its pretty easy on the eyes i use mine on avg 16 hours a day and i get on with it fine and the resolution is 1680x1050 also you can use the monitor in portrait exelent for typing and coding :D

I'll back this up. The widescreen is really good for having a few apps going at the same time (I'm a developer in training meself).

Back
Top Bottom