Which sports/events do you think should be dropped/included?

Caporegime
Earlier I spent two minutes watching something called Dressage which basically involves a horse jogging around a box. As far as I can tell it appears to be a type of Crufts for Horses but it's not really spectator friendly and as such I'm questioning why it's at the Olympics.

I understand it's the first discipline of Equestrian, with the other two disciplines being Jumping and Eventing, but surely they can replace Dressage with something a bit better? Something like a Royal Rumble/Last Horse standing event would be interesting as would a Total Wipeout style obstacle course involving ramps, jumps, cargo nets and rope ladders.

Joking aside, Equestrian appears to be an event that's been at the Olympics since 1900 and I don't really understand how some sports/events can be included while others aren't. If Dressage is allowed why isn't Crufts for dogs?

Which events do you think should be dropped/included at the Olympics?

Given Weightlifting's an Olympic sport I'd like to see Powerlifting included (raw and heavily drug tested). We'll know who the world's fastest man is when the 100m final takes place but we won't really know who the strongest man is as no such event currently takes place.

Back
Top Bottom