which temporary puncture repair kit?

Ish

Ish

Associate
Hi

Which puncture repair kit do you suggest as a temporary repair which would allow me to get the bike to a proper tyre repair place?

I don't want to get stuck if and when I have a puncture!

Last edited:
Tea Drinker
Don
Most of the time they don't work, if you get a screw in the tyre as it deflates it'll puncture the tube in several places, do you have panniers or a top box, I ended up carrying tyre lever bars spare tubes and spanners and a small bottle of soapy water.

I got it down to 15 minutes to repair as I got loads on my rear tyre in London

Associate
I've heard snot is good.
easy to use, just connect nostril to the valve, block other outlet with finger and blow like ****.
(please note results may vary)

Associate
If your talking about tubeless tyres then I've used this and it works very very well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TUBELESS-...02?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3cbcc6f682

I have used those loads of times. It's how my dad mended tubeless tyre punctures, when they first started using tubeless tyres, they changed to patches in the 70's when they couldn't get the rolls of rubber cord anymore. That was for long term repairs. My brother bought one of those kit's in a french supermarket a year ago, cost him a few euro's, he fixed his puncture with it and it lasted till the tyre wore out.

Snot sounds good though;)

Soldato
I've used that stuff that comes in an aerosol can a coupla times (can't remember what its called). Inflates the tyre and coats the inside of it with a viscous fluid thats seals the puncture. Works really well and is easy to store/ carry with you. Only a temporary measure mind, but is a lifesaver on the motorway or far from home/ garage, etc.

Back
Top Bottom