White cases trend?

Associate
Just my 2 cents here: noticed that for quite few weeks now, a lot of cases in their white version are reasonably much cheaper than their traditional black counterpart?
For ages paying an extra £10 for the privilege of a white case was the norm. Is the market saturated?
PS: never had a white case.

Soldato
Looks like it, probably the trend of people seeing streamers and youtubers over the past 5 years opting for white cases for a cleaner look, then all the manufacturers jumped on the bandwagon and have been pumping white cases out the wazoo.

I noticed today as you mentioned, looking for a new case to move the Wife's build over to and I said to her "Would you prefer a white case, bear in mind they tend to be more expensive than the black version of the case" but turns out they are mostly either cheaper or the same price as the standard black version.

Associate
I much prefer a subtle black case but white cases do seem to be all over at the moment. As Baplad said, youtubers all seem to have bright white cases and RGB galore so thats what everyone see's and ends up wanting.

Man of Honour
most of my cases have been white, and i tend to keep them for 3-4 years at a time
the extra £10-20 works out to be 50p/mth extra in the grand scheme of things :cry:

Man of Honour
For ages paying an extra £10 for the privilege of a white case was the norm. Is the market saturated?
Black is the new white.

Doesn't apply to PSUs, motherboards or graphics though, they're still more expensive, but with a lot more options than there used to be.

Soldato
I've always prefered black, still do, I feel like having a white case or a lot of light coloured stuff (this applies even more to a white desk) too near my displays actually has the affect of reducing the perceived relative contrast, the less ambient light is reflected around them the better they look basically.

Last edited:
Associate
I've only ever ran Black cases, but really thinking of going for one of the White Fractal Design North case, as I think they'd look great in the sitting room, and not attract your attention as much as a black box would.

Associate
I remember building my wife's PC (and upgrading it) and everything had to be white... So we ended up with worse components because the price was excruciating. Her monitor from a couple of years ago was about 25% more expensive for 1080p instead of 1440 because of the colour...

Man of Honour
I remember building my wife's PC (and upgrading it) and everything had to be white... So we ended up with worse components because the price was excruciating. Her monitor from a couple of years ago was about 25% more expensive for 1080p instead of 1440 because of the colour...

I see this with builds posted online all the time, people posting significantly slower builds because they’ve spent all their budget on white components and/or expensive fans.

Associate
I see this with builds posted online all the time, people posting significantly slower builds because they’ve spent all their budget on white components and/or expensive fans.
Exactly what it was like with my wife's PC :cry: peripherals and all. I'm just glad that the price gap has gotten much smaller in recent years... Because now I'm on a black/white mix. Though I'm a little less fussy. At least white AIOs are decent

Back
Top Bottom