White Fan Recommendation

Associate
So i'm currently building my first PC. I've been lurking around these forums for a while and am slowly buying the parts I need (as quickly as the credit card allows).

I have a 750w Be Quiet and my Silverstone Fortress arrived the other day. Going to put my old GFX card (8800 GTS 512) and my 1TB spin point in it along with a overclockers bundle. Then add a new card, monitor etc as i go along.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-051-OE&groupid=701&catid=339&subcat=

probaly also going to put a Scythe Kaze Master Ace fan controller on.

I want to put some nice white fans in the case though, both for the back exhaust and on the akasa cooler. was thinking about the Akasa Quiet 120mm Pearl White LED Fan,

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-052-AK&groupid=701&catid=57&subcat=4

but have heard they may be a bit noisy.

I was looking at the Sharkoon Silent Eagles but am worried they wouldnt move enough air with the overclock. So I would like your thoughts? On either of these fans or go for a Noctua and stick a white cathode in or something completly different.

Oh and i promise pics when i'm done :)

Last edited:
Soldato
...my Silverstone Fortress arrived the other day....
...probaly also going to put a Scythe Kaze Master Ace fan controller on...
...looking at the Sharkoon Silent Eagles...
Oh and i promise pics when i'm done :)

That's the same combination I'm looking at. Not quite settled on the Kaze Master, need to see some pics of it in the Fortress before committing.

Definitely going for the Silent Eagles, though, black and white just go together so well :)

Associate
OP
Yeah I went for the sharkoons they look good. My Kaze arrived as well and it does look good with the case. Will be next month before the credit card can stretch to the rest of the components but here a pic of the Kaze with the case.

Apologies for the quality of the pic but only have my Iphone to take it. Just a quick pic so you can see the kaze with the case.

newimage2.png

if you want some more let me know and i'll see if i can get a loan of a camera

Back
Top Bottom