White Vinegar

Soldato
Long shot but...
Does anyone happen to know where I could find plain white vinegar.
Not wine or distilled malt, just water and acetic acid. Over in American/Canada, it's the standard vinegar you get in fast food places and whatnot.

Associate
Long shot but...
Does anyone happen to know where I could find plain white vinegar.
Not wine or distilled malt, just water and acetic acid. Over in American/Canada, it's the standard vinegar you get in fast food places and whatnot.

It is here as well. Well, from when I worked in a chippy yonks ago. It comes in a large plastic jerrycan and is a brown colour rather than white. However, that may simply be caramel added for colour.

Soldato
OP
It is here as well. Well, from when I worked in a chippy yonks ago. It comes in a large plastic jerrycan and is a brown colour rather than white. However, that may simply be caramel added for colour.

Malt vinegar seems to be the standard vinegar over here. I've been to my local Tesco and ASDA and cannot find regular vinegar (at least, regular to me).

Wilkinson's , with the cleaning stuff
and chinese supermarkets

Thanks, I'll check there tomorrow.

tesco, unless i'm mistaken in what you're after. i use it all the time for my commercial cleaning company, it's a little over 50p iirc.
Should be white and not smell anything like malt. Actually smells more akin to salt and vinegar crisps.
I've only checked a Tesco Metro so maybe one of the bigger ones have it.

Malt vinegar seems to be the standard vinegar over here. I've been to my local Tesco and ASDA and cannot find regular vinegar (at least, regular to me).

Thanks, I'll check there tomorrow.

Should be white and not smell anything like malt. Actually smells more akin to salt and vinegar crisps.
I've only checked a Tesco Metro so maybe one of the bigger ones have it.

never seen white vinegar before :p

out of interest why do you need it?

is distalled malt not the same thing as white vinegar?

Last edited:
Soldato
Isn't non brewed vinegar also called ethanoic acid? I seem to remember it being made from crude oil/petrol.

You can get white vinegar made from corn (Heinz) and other grains not just malt. I don't think I'd pour anything that hadn't been made through fermentation on my chips tbh.

Caporegime
Isn't non brewed vinegar also called ethanoic acid? I seem to remember it being made from crude oil/petrol.

You can get white vinegar made from corn (Heinz) and other grains not just malt. I don't think I'd pour anything that hadn't been made through fermentation on my chips tbh.

because the excrement of organisms is more appealing than sterile chemicals? :p

Soldato
OP
never seen white vinegar before :p

out of interest why do you need it?

is distalled malt not the same thing as white vinegar?

Nope, distilled Malt still tastes of malt, it's just clear.

Back in Canada, we don't have doners but we do have something called donairs, which are very similar, the meat is more spicy than salty and it's rolled more like a fajita. However, the biggest difference is the sauce, its this amazing sweet sauce. I'm trying to make it but the recipe calls for vinegar. Plain regular vinegar with no additional flavouring.

Back
Top Bottom