Who are info@btresponse? - Email bounceback issue.

Soldato
I just sent an email to a friends Yahoo account and it got bounced back. The bounceback reads:-

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
The mail server could not deliver mail to [email protected]. The account or domain may not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the proper dns entries.

There's also a details.txt attached to the email:-

Reporting-MTA: dns; viking.eukhosting.net

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]

I Googled [email protected] but didn't come up with much info. I then resent the original email to my mates Yahoo account and he got it no problem the second time. Weird. Just curious if anyone can conjure up any info on why this would have happened?

:)

Soldato
OP
I'm expecting you are using a BT e-mail address yourself. So your e-mail is sent via a BT server. When your e-mail doesn't get through to its destination for whatever reason, the BT server will send you an error notification e-mail.

Almost right. ;) The email I used to send was one of my business email addresses that I set up on my own server. However, the you are on the nail with the BT connection as we have BT Infinity as a service provider. Strange that it didn't go through first time but fine the second. My wife had a few bouncebacks last night sending from her BT email addy to a friends Outlook.com email address. Could it be connected? I've checked my IP address and it isn't showing up on any of the main blacklists.

Back
Top Bottom