• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who are VTX?

Soldato
http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?shownews=26933&catid=6
PowerColor owner TUL Corporation has at Computex debuted VTX3D, a new graphics card brand focusing on AMD products. VTX3D is planning to provide discrete desktops cards for all segments and will kick things off by releasing a full line-up of Radeon HD 4000 series cards.

"We believe graphics industry still has high potential to thrive in the coming future; and also, many consumers are still looking for their ideal brand in the market - that's why VTX3D is here," said Willie Huang, Sales Director of VTX3D. "With advantage of AMD's one-step-ahead technology and VTX3D's worldwide talented team, we're ready to stamp a strong brand awareness in this competitive industry!"

VTX3D is preparing to introduce Radeon HD 4890, 4870, 4850, 4770, 4650 and 4350 cards but apparently it will skip the Radeon HD 4870 X2. The company's first cards are likely to be based on AMD"s reference design.

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=95993
W1zzard said:
TUL Corporation who are best known for their VGA card brand Powercolor, have started a new company called "VTX". Like Powercolor it will sell ATI based graphics cards, but initially focuses on markets like Russia and Turkey. The cards will be priced extremely competitive and based on custom PCB designs which will help reduce the cost.

Soldato
Custom PCB? Could be a ATI's version of Galaxy/Zotac in the future, as long as by custom they mean by picking the best parts for costs etc. Perhaps one to watch, if they decide to really individualise the brand in comparison to Powercolor who are about as 'generic ATI' as you can get atm.

Caporegime
Direct RMA service to the company will, I feel, be similar to that as with Asus. However, like Asus, the quality of the product is usually very good. I had a powercolour 4870 and I was impressed with the build quality, just am thankful that I had no reason to pursue an rma.:)

Back
Top Bottom