Who here owns a Renaultsport?

Associate
Following on from the e46 register thread i just thought id see which of you guys owns a Clio 172/182? Ive noticed that these days they're getting recommended an awful lot to people looking for a fun car for less than say £7k.

Ive personally got a standard 2004 Clio 182 with cup suspension pack, Im afraid ive only got a boring pic of the car but it will do to start us off -

06032008021.jpg

Associate
OP
Yeah, im a member of Clio sport and the Renault sport forums.

I agree, liquid yellow is a stunning colour. Only reason i didn't get one is due to the difficulty with paint matching if ever you need anything touching up

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Me :) 3.5 years on and still love it, phase 1 172.

Ignore all the reprobates in the background :p

cliohaytor.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
phase 1 172's look so aggressive from the front end. I recognise a couple of names from over on Cliosport, my name over there used to be russ9898 but is now Russ 182. (original eh?)

Driving a meg now aren't you bmh?

Associate
OP
Remember seeing pics of your flamer when you first bought it. Very tidy looking motor in a great colour.

Part of me wishes id gone for a 172 in flame red and saved a couple of grand. However i wanted cruise control lol

Associate
My little 182

Since the pic its now sitting on Eibach prolines and has a splitter fitted

mods to come - cup spoiler, tints and turinis

7.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Without sounding idiotic...whats the main differences between the 172 & the 182 aside from the 10hp? :)

Now the finances have dropped a bit form what I was thinking on spending I could sell the Civic for ~6k and pick up, I believe, a min 172 or good specced 182? Could anyone enlighten me on the main differences please? :)

Soldato
Another owner here, had my 2001 172 since March; no pics though :)

Without sounding idiotic...whats the main differences between the 172 & the 182 aside from the 10hp? :)

Now the finances have dropped a bit form what I was thinking on spending I could sell the Civic for ~6k and pick up, I believe, a min 172 or good specced 182? Could anyone enlighten me on the main differences please? :)

Slightly wider track, different manifold and exhaust. Plus the cup suspension (if it has the cup pack) is slightly better. The standard seats are slightly different, as are the alloys (which run a wider 205 tyre) - but that's about it really.

I realy want a 182...what sort of bhp can be had out of them? is it possible to get 100 bhp a litre na on these?

You're looking at cams or ITBs (or both) to hit 200bhp - as most make a little less than quoted anyway. Exhaust, decat, remap and improved intake would only see ~10-12hp and would cost £500+ easy.

Soldato
I had a play with a 182 last week in my polo, not sure what it all had done to it but it had a custom exhaust system at the least. Its acceleration wasn't bad, not too much slower than mine, then when I reached about 4000rpm my speed was still going up but the 182 seemed to die. He must've been at a lot higher revs too as he changed in to 5th when I was below 5000rpm. It was good fun though and the mx5 that also tried to play was severely embarassed by both cars

Back
Top Bottom