Who was your first ISP?

Associate
my first isp was Claranet i think it cost me £15.00 a month and that was with out the cost of calls back then lol. then about 5 or 6 months after freeserve came out with no monthly fee and all you had to pay with the cost of the call :)

good old 56k days hey, who misses them? :)

not me :p

oh yea i use to use wireplay dialup as well.

be for that i used my colleges net from 1995 to 1997 :)

Associate
Mine was ntlworld back in the day when it was free with a 2 hour cut off. I think it was back in 99 and took about 10 months for the CD to arrive!

Went to ntl broadband 512 in 2002 then gradually increased 1mb > 3mb >10mb :D
I miss the dialing tone :cool:

Associate
Does anybody remember...

LibertySurf, it was £20 for the CD from comet and you had unlimited 56K for a YEAR! Magical stuff they soon sold out, I was lucky :D

edit:

EYEREX said:
Liberty surf which was only £20 for the year for free off peak

kif41047cv.jpg

Lol, I should have read the thread first :(

Last edited:
Associate
Initialy it used to be BBS for me which were direct dial ups (one or two I used even had 3 modems so could support simultaneous users). Fondly remember a lOndon based BBS called "Gnome at home" Used Prestel type graphics and connected at 1200/75 :D

For the internet "proper" it was compuserve for me follwed by CIX, Demon, RedHotAnt, ClaraNet and then BTinternet broadband, Nildram etc..

Think my first modem was either 2400 or 4800 baud max... :)

Soldato
Freeserve PAYG I think. After that I used a whole bunch of 56k ISP's, because i got kicked off all of them for excessive use, when I first got ADSL it was a blessing.

Soldato
Blueyonder, Started on 56k.. then upgraded to 1mb.. then got free upgrades over the years and now on 10mb for the same price, cant belive we used to pay £35 for 1mb backin then :O

Soldato
Started with Freeserve back in 99(dial up). Then went on to 512k ADSL with Freeserve. Then the other day i upgraded to 2Mb with Wanadoo(Freeserve)

And in all those years ive never had a problem or had to phone them up. :)

Back
Top Bottom