• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who will build a Ryzen PC (computer)

Associate
I'm looking to build a HTPC/console killer rig with Ryzen. I don't need one so the wait hasnt been too bad (although I think I've read itx boards are delayed?), looking forward to spending an unnescesary amount of time and effort into parts picking :D

Soldato
I'm looking to build a HTPC/console killer rig with Ryzen. I don't need one so the wait hasnt been too bad (although I think I've read itx boards are delayed?), looking forward to spending an unnescesary amount of time and effort into parts picking :D
Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of ITX from the get go. The whole AM4 socket/mounting not being backwards compatible has also thrown a spanner in to the mix.

My initial build plan has already become an expensive stop gap system. But the money must be spent.

Case, Cooler and ram are already on the way. :D

Associate
Having a look back, it was July 2006 that the E6600 was released, so that was definitely the last time I had AMD.

This was the first intel chip i had in a long time. My dad had bought an FX55 not long before i got my e6600 which was pretty much half the price. The 6600 out performed it in pretty much everything IIRC. Incredible chip

Soldato
I was planning to upgrade my PC this year. Currently running an i5 2500K, had it since launch.

My intention was too hold out until the first 10nm CPU's launched, but, if Ryzen is decent and the motherboards are good, then I might consider going with a new build now using Ryzen, possibly the 1700x.

Soldato
How long ago did you get yours?
September 26th bought 2 packs of G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series F4-3600C16D-16GVK 16 GB (8 GB x 2) for less than £125 each.
One is still sealed and the other used with my 6700K since then. Bought 2 because though was a good offer. Now they are almost 30% more expensive.

Associate
I am still runing A Phenom II x4 955 which did the job well in the past 6 years. For all the elitist out there, this CPU still manage to run all the games above 60fps (with rx480) even QHD so newer seen the need buy an expensive alternative. But now to honor AMD I decided to buy their top of the range CPU, believe in that, than this new Ryzen CPU going to be as good and stable as the old Phenom.

Soldato
I would but I can't be bothered to change platforms unless Ryzen absolutely leaves my 4790k in the dust and I'm not sure the difference will be that big. Too much hassle.

Associate
Definitely considering it, will check out the user reviews once they're out and go from there. My last AMD was 4400+ 939, before that was K6-2 333 (miss that bad boy haha). Should be v interesting!

Soldato
Well once the dust has settled and the reviews finally show Ryzen is the deal I will be considering the 1600X (I wont spend over £300, no £260 on a cpu) and a board around £90-£120. Luckily I bought Dark T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Grey back on the 4th Feb for £82.99. I have the money aside so just being patient and waiting for reviews for cpu/boards. My ssd's/HDD's and 980Ti will all do fine along with a new installation of Win 10 Pro. If Ryzen forces Intel to drop their ridiculously priced higher end cpu's then I might have a look at them. (not likely) Looking forward to the next couple of months, if Ryzen flops then my i5 4690K will do me for a while longer.

Soldato
I'm thinking of buying Ryzen, just waiting for dust to settle first. This is not an upgrade however, just I need more processing for something.

Back
Top Bottom