whoo hoo

Associate
first build done.

with a little help, i got there. few sweaty moments on the path, how much pressure did i need to get that heatsink in????

however, all is up and running and i am very VERY proud. no way i would have had this sense of achievment if i had bought 'off the shelf'

specs

3700+ san diego
1gig geil value
80 gb seagate
7900gt 256mb
benq dvd rw
antec sonata II piano black.

icon14.gif

:cool:

And it's a good as well.

I'll be building my first PC in roughly a weeks time. Let's hope in said weeks time I've got the same feeling of achievement you have now.

Hlebio said:

I'll be building my first PC in roughly a weeks time. Let's hope in said weeks time I've got the same feeling of achievement you have now.

You will, especially as it wont boot first time, then you start panicing thinking youve broke something, til you realise you just havnt plugged in the case power button...

rmuir said:
how much pressure did i need to get that heatsink in????
So know what you mean. My first build was back in the day of XP's and they needed A LOT of force - was sooo scared I was going to break the board/CPU/my hand.

fini

When I was testing my new DFI CFX3200 motherboard yesterday I got pretty worried 'cause it wouldn't boot, realised I hadn't plugged in the mouse and keyboard. Though I wouldn't have thought they would stop it from posting. :confused:

rmuir said:
first build done.

with a little help, i got there. few sweaty moments on the path, how much pressure did i need to get that heatsink in????

however, all is up and running and i am very VERY proud. no way i would have had this sense of achievment if i had bought 'off the shelf'

specs

3700+ san diego
1gig geil value
80 gb seagate
7900gt 256mb
benq dvd rw
antec sonata II piano black.

cant wait till i build mine after my exams :D

Back
Top Bottom