Whos gone from a Quest 1 to Quest 2 ?

Associate
The IPD change definitely took some getting use to as it was better on the Q1. I can't really comment of quality as stuff like echo VR is pretty much the same however once they start releasing games and updates I'm expecting to see the big improvement then.

Soldato
There's a massive upgrade in picture quality, apart from greyish blacks and a small reduction in FOV.

The almost complete lack of SDE, and the huge performance increase more than make up for any shortfalls.

All games are benefiting from increased resolution, better performance, removal or reduction of fixed foveated rendering, and some games have been given Quest 2 specific updates that improve the graphics.

With the Elite battery strap it's also far more comfortable - I've worn it for hours, while using the Quest 1, even with comfort mods, was never that comfortable.

Associate
There's a massive upgrade in picture quality, apart from greyish blacks and a small reduction in FOV.

The almost complete lack of SDE, and the huge performance increase more than make up for any shortfalls.

All games are benefiting from increased resolution, better performance, removal or reduction of fixed foveated rendering, and some games have been given Quest 2 specific updates that improve the graphics.

With the Elite battery strap it's also far more comfortable - I've worn it for hours, while using the Quest 1, even with comfort mods, was never that comfortable.

Agree with all of this only thing I've not got is the elite strap.

BTW - I've also kept my Q1 so I can play multi player with the missus and kids (mainly Walkabout Mini Golf at the mo), and for games that benefit from the OLED screen (such as horror games where they get really dark) - but - to my surprise the black levels in the Q2 are better than I thought they would be.

Soldato
Agree with all of this only thing I've not got is the elite strap.

BTW - I've also kept my Q1 so I can play multi player with the missus and kids (mainly Walkabout Mini Golf at the mo), and for games that benefit from the OLED screen (such as horror games where they get really dark) - but - to my surprise the black levels in the Q2 are better than I thought they would be.

I've kept my Quest 1 and it's basically my wife's Beat Saber machine, but I hope to get her playing some local multiplayer games too - perhaps Eleven table tennis. The best thing is now I don't have to keep taking my prescription lenses out and adjust all the straps just so she can play Beat Saber for 20 minutes.

Associate
I've kept my Quest 1 and it's basically my wife's Beat Saber machine, but I hope to get her playing some local multiplayer games too - perhaps Eleven table tennis. The best thing is now I don't have to keep taking my prescription lenses out and adjust all the straps just so she can play Beat Saber for 20 minutes.

I fancy Eleven Table Tennis too, supposed to be good.

Soldato
I fancy Eleven Table Tennis too, supposed to be good.

that does look good, i seem to always like Table Tennis Games for some reason

good fun in real life to

if i had the room, id try it (14 day returns iirc)

Eleven Table tennis is awesome. Don't even think about it, just buy. The Dev is super helpful too.

You don't even need much space, if you can play Beat Saber you can play table tennis.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I got q Q2 but kept my Q1 (and kept the Go, but sold the CV1 and Rift S).

Associate
I picked up a Quest back in April at the start of lockdown and had a lot of fun with it for a few months (other half thinking it was funny to film me playing beat saber aside..).
I ended up selling it on while prices were good but have always regretted it. I was going to grab one of these with the deal currently at the auction site with 8% off, it’s showing the deal is still valid until the 17th but I cannot get it to work, anyone else managed?

Back
Top Bottom