• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who's running the worst GPU?

Associate
OP
But things have changed now, prices of other items have caught up with high GPU prices, that is petrol/diesel, food, electricity, gas housing, rents etc.
So I would say GPU prices are not crazy anymore but about right, a new normal.

Do you think GPU prices will drop from here on?

Still have my gtx1060, radeon7850 and radeon 5450 and other cards in case of emergency.

I thought you would have been keeping a low profile after your thread stating GPU's will never be cheaper ever again? They are currently getting cheaper by the day.

Soldato
That's good to have.

I tend to sell all my parts but I really should keep some as spares etc. If I built a new rig and it didn't boot I'd have nothing to swap out to rule things out by process of elimination.

A spare power supply and graphics card is always good to have.

£25 on the Flea and works a charm for diagnosing issues with possible GPU problems

Soldato
Intel Iris Xe on a Intel i7 1165G7 and it is as horiifically slow as it sounds.

Even running windows 11 seems to strain it.

Its probably the worst GPU I have ever run and the worst CPU I have ever run. tbh the XPS13 Laptop is probably the worst laptop I have ever owned as well and when I get shot of it towards the end of this year I will dance a jig.

Associate
I thought you would have been keeping a low profile after your thread stating GPU's will never be cheaper ever again? They are currently getting cheaper by the day.

Yep noticed 3090s down from £2k to about £1.7k average, other cards small reductions, but when I started that thread last june 3090s were about £1.7k or £1.8k average then they went up during the year and then back to about early 2021 prices.
My own 6700xt is now priced at £100 more on average across the net.
I don't see much price drops from around when I started the thread.

We have the 7000/4000 series coming up and I expect likely world record prices on these.
It will be £1k for a decent GPU and £2k for top end as standard now, same for food, petrol etc as the new prices are standardised.
The high prices will cause the next GFC, then prices will deflate and drop, then the monster printing will begin and you know what happens next to the british pound £. :)

Caporegime
Gtx1080ti in my main PC

GTX 560ti in my secondary rig which is basically a media player.

Gtx 260 in my third pc which is just gathering dust in my spare room.

Built a pc for my partners dad, Q9550, 5Gb DDR2 RAM (it’s got 6 but only shows 5) and that’s rocking a 6800LE….

I have a Voodoo5 5500 up in the loft that I should build into some retro system, along with an Nvidia TNT2

Associate
Mac edition GTX-680 in my mac pro 5.1 2 x 3.46ghz cpu's 96g of ram Dual M2-980 pro's that write at 2800mbs read 2900mbs on dual M2 Pcie card. still use this machine daily and love it.

vega sapphire nitro X also goes in it, but no boot screens with that card.

Soldato
Made a mistake just as the prices started to go up and sold my 1080 Ti thinking I'd buy a new 3000 series GPU. Had to fall back to a 1050 Ti for a few weeks and then slowly worked my way back up to an RTX 3080.

RX580 > 5600XT > 2060 > 3070 Ti > 3080

I built a 2nd PC from spares too and managed to get the 1080 Ti back in part exchange for the 3070 Ti as that ran too and loud for me. Then sold the 1080 Ti and had to resort to a 1650 for a while in hope the prices would continue to drop. Not a good GPU so that's gone in hope of some better prices soon so the 2nd PC has nothing currently.

Associate
GTX 970! Got me through Elden Ring at 45 outdoors and 55+ indoors at 1440p!!! :rolleyes::p Bought both sons full rigs in the past 18 months at 2 grand apiece so my upgrades have to wait. Not a great gamer so I'm good. Also have a PS5 if I need to play something. Did get Elden Ring for the PS5, but was so surprised with how it ran on my system I just played it there.:o

Associate
I need to get hold of my father-in-law's PC to find out what's in there. It was 2nd hand in 2012 or so; I bet it would have a shot in this thread (all he does is web browsing and playing music - it still works fine for him).

Back
Top Bottom