Why are all gaming chairs so bad?

Associate
This area is full of people saying "do not buy a gaming chair, they are complete ****" etc.

I'm looking at various options at the moment, quite like the look of the secret labs omega, also the gt omega element. Apparently despite the many good reviews from other sources there's an overwhelming amount of advise to say do not buy one of these chairs, your back will be destroyed, you'll be deformed, the chair will fall to bits and the material will peel etc. etc.

Yet every youtuber/streamer etc. still seems to have one.... are they all really THAT bad?

Been looking at options £250-300 and been on the likes of 2ndhnd and corporate spec but I just can't decide what to go for - I also don't want it to look awful either... I mean I quite like the steelcase please v2 but it just looks a bit .... meh.

Associate
OP
I kinda agree with all the comments above to an certain extent.... I mean they can't be /that/ bad, these guys must be thriving and selling loads of chairs and surely they can't be purely surviving off the fact the chairs kinda look cool?

Also most people seem to say they are overpriced but yet only really compare the pricing to that of very high end office chairs 2nd hand... I've yet to see a really good brand new office chair recommended in the £200-300 price range.

My current office chair is a standard leather type affair like this...

https://www.bestbuy-officechairs.co.uk/media/img/shop/pd/010821.jpg

** Do Not Hotlink Images **

It is real leather mind, hence why I suspect it's lasted so long, it was very expensive and very 'comfy' having said that I'm not sure that it's offering any decent support, even at full height it's quite low and the tilt lock is fubar so it keeps pinging forwards. (hence the lookout for a new chair) I'd have thought even the likes of a secretlab chair would be better than this?

This other one has interested me on 2ndhnd as it doesn't look too bad and I like the idea of folding the arms out the way when I want to... not sure if it's any good mind. It's hard at the moment to really find somewhere to try all these out before you commit to buy (or even impossible in some cases)

https://www.2ndhnd.com/products/ahr...headrest-and-folding-arms?variant=19788064006

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom