Why battlefield 3 is not on the steam ?

Associate
OP
I don't even have an Origin account and have no plans to make one, personally I'm happy using steam, so if you won't sell there then I won't buy your ****.

It's like bringing put a product then selling it exclusively out of some awful shop you'd never want to visit. Just alienates half their potential user base, which to be fair alienating customers is kinda EAs whole thing.
Well I was planning on buying Battlefield 3 on steam but as it's not there, **** it, I not gonna make account on some stupid ass Orgin which has privacy issue and one game it's not worth it, tho I might get retail copy instead and if Orgin is still involved then well, FU EA.

Associate
OP
Do you realise that Valve does exactly the same thing you're complaining about here?

Their games are limited to Steam only, just like EA games on Origin. What's this privacy issue you speak of specifically?

If anyone wants to restrict themselves to Steam only, then they're going to miss out on some pretty good games, over something as petty as not wanting to have another program running on their PC, that uses less resources than Steam.

I'd prefer to have all my games in one place, but that isn't a reality, so whilst I've got 95% of my games on Steam, I really can't see how anyone is really bothered about having a few now more on another platform.

Origin actually works fine as well, unlike that U Play crap, I haven't used it in a while, so it might have genuinely improved, but with the effort Ubisoft put in to the PC, and the open disdain they have got PC users, I can't see it being any better than when I last tried it.
Well back in the day when it was released I heard they have some kind of Privacy Issues on this platform aka spying, just google it and you will see it. Well at least Valve doesn't spy on their clients and have massive database and servers with variety of various games not limited to only one's publisher. I just don't see why and how I would miss out by using Origin, most of their games are pretty **** in general... I'm not bothered about it at all but I have my preference like anyone else here. Also some Multiplayer games are free on Steam and it's growing even more every time as there are Indie games as well where Origin only orginates itself around EA pockets ....

I bet you dont use google or any searchmachine either, and only pay in cash in supermarkets..

Tinfoilhat **** much
Well mister ninja, when I have occasion to buy game cheaply because it's a retail version, I do it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom