Why can't I do anything on this ipad?

Associate
So I got given an ipad 3 so I can read pdf's. Great screen is nice to read off, cheap option, first I had to get round this unlock in 25million minutes issues, great I can now read a book right....

First i'll download my favourite pdf app, no I can 't do that becuase my OS is too old!! really, a few years, ok i'll update it, oh I can't my hardware can't run that, ok ill use the default app sure its fine here we go.

Plug it in, lets get my collection on this thing. Open file browser, what you can't drop and drag some basics files into a folder then open them? really? even my usb toothbrush has this function.

Ahh I'll use icloud, that will be fine, nope I can't use I can't use that because my ipad only a few years old won't support icloud storage. Right I'll use google drive sweet, easy enough, nope again can't install google drive because iOS is too old! haha really for that? can't install google drive! no. I'll just use the web based version instead, nope again can't use that, it can't use a web based google drive.

Ok ill email them to myself, create my own collection, oh you can't save them from email to anywhere and can only read them through the email app then in a web browser **** off.

Guess install itunes that installs about 6 other applications that I don't want but even then will I be able to create a folder to keep a collection of PDF's in? why can't you just save files to a folder at the very least.

Absolutely infuriating to use. Hoenstly don't get the appeal of any of this trendy BS. I'm sure all this was said years ago but seriously why can't I do anything basic, how do you get files onto the damn thing without installing a tonne of software or buying something running iOS 11+

Associate
OP
I’m afraid it’s just too old.
A lot of what you want to do wasn’t possible back in the day but is now with newer OS..

Why though, the hardware is still good, I can't see why even basic apps that must have been available back then don't work on older iOS?, makes no sense coming from life long windows user. I remember about a decade ago at work we got an iMac brand new and had all the same issues trying to install things as they weren't compatible with our web browser. I don't get it. Why can't I install acrobat, it must have been avilable back then, not that I can point it to any folders because I can't find anywhere where I could store folders even if I could get them on the thing.

Edit: I misread, lol this stuff wasn't possible back then?!? gonna ditch it I think.

Soldato
You can’t compare iOS to Windows as they’re completely different types of OS, especially the older versions of iOS which were completely locked down.

For just reading PDFs then I suggest a Kindle or a cheap Android tablet. As has been said before, the latest versions of iOS can do exactly what you want but will likely be overkill.

Associate
OP
You can’t compare iOS to Windows as they’re completely different types of OS, especially the older versions of iOS which were completely locked down.

For just reading PDFs then I suggest a Kindle or a cheap Android tablet. As has been said before, the latest versions of iOS can do exactly what you want but will likely be overkill.

Thanks, yea I would never buy a new one, i'll probably look at android pad, amazon stuff is all locked down as well isn't it.

Soldato
As it's basically useless to you, maybe try and jailbreak it to add some functionality. If you break it it's not the end of the world

Back
Top Bottom