Why cant I set this memory to advertised speed in mhz?

Associate
Hi,
I have 3 16gb sticks of this ram CP16G56C46U5. I have b760 tuf ddr5 motherboard.my cpu is 12600k. I cant make the rams working at advertised speed of 5600mhz. It doesnt even boot to bios if I manually set the speed in bios. Even not after enabling xmp. If I clear cmos it then boots at 4000mhz. How to make it working with 5600mhz speed? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Make sure you are using the correct RAM slots, usually 2 (A2) and 4 (B2) for the first 2 sticks, with the way RAM signalling works on the 600/700 series populating the wrong slots reduces the stability margin and for that reason as well it is more ideal to use 2 or 4 sticks of RAM not 1 or 3.

A 12600K will be down to luck if you can get above ~5200MHz stable with more than 2 sticks and more than 32GB total RAM.

Last edited:
More likely on 3 modules causing the issue. On most newer systems they state the max memory speed it can run however if you look into the QVL of the motherboard it states it can run memory at that speed in certain conditions... and that is normally 1 or 2 modules.

If you go to the QVL and chose 5600Mhz memory and look on the right side it will state its only qualified to run at that in either 1 or 2 modules.

Back
Top Bottom