• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

why do gpus randomly need reseating?

Soldato
as long as I have had modern pcs, there have always been seemingly random times that the gpu needed reseating to fix a boot display problem, but why,?
It's not like they are taken out to allow some dust to get in the slot? they are pretty much left there alone, static, working, then boom- reseat me plz!
so, I just don't understand!
yes, I crapped myself a little with a gpu debug white light on yesterday, cba with a broken 4090, I had to wait until my son got back from his twilight shift job to reseat it for me, it took x3 reseats before the white light went off , and I got the sweet green light again
any idea anyone?
EDIT:just to be clear, i'm talking about fixing a sudden no video signal error, or a vga problem debug led

Last edited:
Same, never needed to reseat a GPU.
I've never needed to reseat a GPU
Never had to reseat any of mine, I've had to a few times at work when people have bought cheap cases and the chassis has bent when they've incorrectly installed the GPU.
funny how it is the first piece of advice given whenever somone is having a vga / gpu signal problem, or if a vga debug led is on

All in systems you've owned by any chance? Because like others have said it's never happened to me or something I've ever heard of. I've heard more about GPUs ripping out the PCIe socket in transit than I've heard of it falling out...

my PCs and my kids PCs
I'm not talking about reseating a gpu because it has fallen out of the socket! but to fix it when suddenly there is no video signal coming from the pc
I refuse to believe that I am the only one to know that reseating the gpu, can fix a no signal error

Last edited:
You don’t think it’s this guy messing with you?

IMG-2906.webp

How does a gpu being "unseated" cause a no signal error on the display?
Normally no signal errors are just crap cables

How does a gpu being "unseated" cause a no signal error on the display?
Normally no signal errors are just crap cables
I have not once said anything about a gpu being unseated, but I can see your confusion, reseated means taken out, and plugged back in!

Last edited:
this is a funny little find, ocuk academy video showing how to reseat a gpu to fix 'issues'
beware watching it, the sound levels are rubbish, making the presenter sound much louder than the music

You don’t think it’s this guy messing with you?

IMG-2906.webp
maybe but, I've killed him enough times to make sure he stays dead now, except maybe not in sea of thieves, I can't play that because of my disability, I'd love to check out the easter eggs there, I'd like to see how Murray is doing too, I presume that it is set after my return back to monkey island( great game btw)

Back
Top Bottom