Why does Apple have to be so bloody difficult?

Caporegime
Hi. It's Friday. I feel like moaning.

I have an old Ipad 2 from yonks ago, it was my wife's but I've adopted it for matched betting purposes. I have had an inherent hatred for Apple since forever, but my wife loves them so meh. So I've got this old ipad and I need to be able to receive texts on it.

"HI M8 MY NAME IS IMESSAGE K"

"Go away"

"LOLNO, ENTER APPLE ID"

"No, go away"

"I GO NOWHERE LOL, ENTER APPLE ID"

Go to settings, see how to turn this nonsense off. No setting there. To Google (interesting how it's one of their biggest competitors who has to tell their clients how to turn off their nonsense).

Update to latest ios.

Fine, whatever. Update. Hour later, done. Turn on ipad.

"HI M8, WHATS UR APPLE ID"

"No, just turn of and be a tablet"

"NO LOL M8, ENTER APPLE ID, LET'S BE BFFS N STUFF"

Plug ipad in to PC, let iTunes infest it with it's incessant whining and need to sync ALL THE THINGS LOLOLOLOL!

Ipad starts up.

Check messages.

"God ******* dammit, leave me alone"

Go to settings, turn off iMessage. Phew, thank **** for that. (you can probably tell by the little stars that I'm getting annoyed now).

Go back to messages.

There's going to be an ipad shaped hole in the window here very soon, I can feel it already.

Please abstain from bringing logic in to this thread. I want to be unreasonable and I feel like moaning so I'm not going to sign up for an Apple id.

Caporegime
OP
OMG

On phone to Apple. It's even worse.

"Hi, can I help?"

"yes, please, my problem is x"

"Sure, can I have your name, email address, phone number, date of birth, blood type, next of kin, waist size, favourite colour"

FFS.

Caporegime
OP
Wait, this £400 tablet can't receive messages? Seriously?

Hahaha, Apple are so crap.

Took half an hour on the phone with those "geniuses" to tell me that it can't be done.

**** sakes. £400 and it can't even receive messages. LOL.

Caporegime
OP
*no sales outside of MM*

Must be able to receive text messages :D

I don't know what I was thinking trying Apple, last time I tried this it irritated me just as much. As someone said, Apple isn't a tech company, it's a lifetime commitment.

Caporegime
OP
I would've thought that a device capable of taking a sim card would be able to use the sim functionality, no? :confused:

Bit odd if you ask me. I must have an old phone at home somewhere, I'll have a dig around and throw this thing in the bin.

Back
Top Bottom