• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why does VSYNC not work with ATI cards

Soldato
Same when I had a 4870, vsync does not activate in games when set in the CCC, enabling vsync on my GTX 260 worked perfectly in all games, with the 5870 and the CCC it does not work in any games. Setting vsync in game works but i play a lot of game where this is not available like BF2. So why has this not been fixed in all these years?

Associate
Who knows, there must be some sort of problem and like you said these are for your 'old' games, so ATi will not be concerned with this as pretty much every games has a v-sync option and will continue to do so

Caporegime
Vsync I do not find an issue at all with ATI cards, AA I do with both makes, never been as good imo since the days of 3dfx.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Works fine for me in all games I can think of that I've used it in. What other games are you having issues with?

If I have any of them I'll try it out.

Its every game, and your with Nvidia are you not?. This is not a secluded problem, vsync does not work when forced through the CCC, at least not in Vista/windows 7 64. Yeah I Know the latest games should have vsync as an option but it just ****es me off that it works with Nvidia but not ATI.

Last edited:
Associate
Despite the sig I'm using my 4870 in my main rig now, I sold the gtx280 before it depreciated too much - must remember to update that at some point.

I just tried with Batman arkham asylum, vsync off in game but on in CCC and it worked fine. I'll try a few more games later on.

Caporegime
Only works on every game on Nvidia cards, as they broke the Vista/Win 7 v-sync rule, so if you are on Vista or Win 7, then theres nothing for ATi to fix, as their v-sync works correctly, its Nvidia who need to fix it :p

EDIT: Im not 100% sure on this, but i think you can use ATi Tray Tools to force it on for everything.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah this really bugs me about ATI drivers too.

I've got Sims 3 and like many games there's no V-Sync option ingame, with NVidia it's a simple case of forcing it once via the drivers and never having to bother again. Whereas ATI even with their bloated CCC still expect you to install 3rd party apps to do simple things such as this, I couldn't really care less what the Vista/W7 rules are a powerful and user friendly interface is what I want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom