Why has the £50 note never been updated?

Soldato
I worked till in McD for a while and had a few £50s handed to me, the policy was that we weren't able to accept it so a manager had to come over and check it, I think they may have taken some fakes at some point though, so they were just being cautious

Associate
I normally handle a lot of 50s everyday at work, if anything they make up the majority of our numbers at the end of the day. I do find it strange that they haven't made them newer.

Associate
on the subject of rare money, anyone else got one of these?

P111208_0130.jpg

ive never ever seen another one before.

Soldato
My friend has a silver £5 coin like that.

I have one of these http://www.24carat.co.uk/1989twopoundsbrassframe.html

unimetallic £2 coin

It's current location : Somewhere in my house...

That is a fascinating site - You know the old 50p with the hands on the back? I had never noticed one hand was smaller than the rest - thought to be representing the Queens smaller, feminine hand...

Last edited:
Soldato
IMO not being able to get £50 notes from an ATM is a good thing. Here in Germany, when you get 50 euros or more out of the bank, it's as likely as not that it'll give you a 50-euro note. It's actually quite annoying if you're skint and it gives you fifties - everywhere accepts them, but usually with lots of scowling as they have to give you half of their change.

Also, I saw some 200-euro notes earlier :D There are 500s as well.

Last edited:
Associate
on the subject of rare money, anyone else got one of these?
<snip>
ive never ever seen another one before.

I have a fair few £5 coins, my great uncle used to give me and my brothers one each for christmas / birthdays sometimes so have a variety of them.

I really regret spending one of them at that game shop though, I had another one exactly the same but oh well.

Back
Top Bottom