• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why have even older cards disappeared?

Associate
Everything was OK up until October, and after that there are no graphics cards around, older models and newer models, and other hardware too was unavailable eg PSUs, also some 4K monitors I was looking for...

What's happening?

Associate
OP
and even terrible old cards like the HD 5770 or 9500 GS are selling almost instantly.
Yes exactly. Even crappy old cards are not available. But there is more hardware that's got affected. I was not able to find a Ryzen 5 3600 XT, a PSU (850W, gold, modular, any good make) there was no stock anywhere for months until maybe 2 weeks ago. I was not able to find any of 4 UHD monitors I had short listed (all using same panel), ASUS VG289Q, AOC U28G2AE, ACER CB282K, U28R55 - in the end I gave up and got the ACER from Holland! In September I bought all those things and more very easily, there was a good choice.

I think something happened end September / October. Can it be the US/China trade war? The US elections? Coronavirus?

Back
Top Bottom