1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why I loathe Politicians :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Orionaut, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Raz

Mobster

Honesty and integrity aren't usually helpful to politicians (as well as other people, but politicians should be held to a higher standard).

2. DeanT77

Hitman

A higher standard of actually telling the truth would be nice!

3. V F

Capodecina

People still hasn't caught onto the game yet? You dig up dirt from people's past when running for office.

4. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Yep, Portugal has a much better handle on it than the UK

5. Diddums

Capodecina

So would world peace :(

6. LeMson

Wise Guy

Obama did it, didn't stop him being prez

7. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

You should loathe politicians because all of them are the same: corrupt, evil and only care about their own interests. EVERY single one of them, no matter what party they belong to.

8. PlacidCasual

Soldato

No doubt someone was about to blab about seeing Gove take cocaine so it was easier to go to the Mail himself.

9. V F

Capodecina

The most exclusive club in the world.

10. randal

Capodecina

Bingo. It's a distraction from Boris's court shenanigans and an indication of the party lines.

11. Pawnless Endgame

Capodecina

I don't give a damn about drugs.
    I don't care too much about the Tories either.

What gets my goat though is the timing. Numerous MPs are running for the Tory leadership and now one of them have been picked off because of something that they did 20 years ago. This is 100% deliberate, and like the above post, an attempt to secure BoJo as being our next PM.

12. Stephanie Peterson

Hitman

I dont really care about whether he did some powder ages ago, its about how he conducts himself now thats important.

Also dont care about politicians being corrupt ect because... well it comes with the territory and every one of them are the same.

13. Orionaut

Soldato

How old are you?

Also, I can certainly see situations where somebody in their 30's might just try something, should the opportunity arise, that they didnt have an opportunity to experience in an earlier life.

This, is not, in itself, a legitimate criticism.

Hell, 15 years ago or so I went to a lap dance club (Part of somebody elses stag night)

It was an interesting experience but not one I have any interest in repeating.

Dont really see the attraction really.

I have also smoked tobacco in various froms too.

Don't see the attraction for that either

I may not like the guy myself as a potential PM is neither here nor there. The fact hat he snorted a bit of coke 20 years ago is utterly irrelevent.

14. chroniclard

Capodecina

Don't care really, the endless grovelling apologies are more annoying.

15. Stretch

Capodecina

Few people would dispute the damaging effects of drugs, all drugs, even alcohol. The question that needs to be asked is does the law A) prevent people from taking drugs, B) mitigate the harmful effects of taking drugs, C) help the rehabilitation of people who abuse drugs.

IMO, the answer to all these points is a resounding no.

16. Energize

Caporegime

Alcohol is the probably the most toxic drug, cancer, liver damage, heart damage, brain damage, potentially fatal withdrawal syndrome, worse than heroin, so if alcohol is legal then all other drugs need to be legal for consistency.

There is no such thing as a "hard drug" or a "soft drug" anyway, it is a subjective and arbitrary distinction.

17. One More Solo

Capodecina

Beat me to it.

18. tang0

Mobster

Having sex with children is the same as casual drug use is it? Holy crap what a poor analogy. Stealing a Mars bar from a corner shop is illegal and shoplifting is morally repugnant..

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  19. Rroff

Man of Honour

Not really true - many people drink moderate amounts of alcohol with little to no negative effect while stuff like crystal meths there isn't really a moderate amount.

20. jsmoke

Soldato

Cannabis is way more dangerous than people like to make out especially with all the super strong strains available. Your looking at memory loss, depression, loss of motor controls, psychosis and lots more.