Why I loathe Politicians :(

Raz

Raz

Soldato
"I did a bump or two and knew with the feeling that it gave that it would be a road to nowhere so made the decision not to do it again" would have been an honest answer?

FWIW I haven't touched the stuff and never will because I do believe the above! :eek:

Honesty and integrity aren't usually helpful to politicians (as well as other people, but politicians should be held to a higher standard).

V F

V F

Soldato
It happened 20 years ago, why is this being spoken about? I bet most people have done something they regret or hate has happened, it shouldn't be held against them for the rest of their lives, I know he is a politician and I hate them all but the past is the past.

People still hasn't caught onto the game yet? You dig up dirt from people's past when running for office.

Caporegime
Didn't Portugal decriminalise all drugs and put more money in to drug rehabiliation centres, and since then crime and drug use as declined.

I agree with the OP though, these statements from politicians are purely politically motivated. It's been suggested he's trying to look 'cool' towards the younger tory members so he can get their votes.

Yep, Portugal has a much better handle on it than the UK

Caporegime
You should loathe politicians because all of them are the same: corrupt, evil and only care about their own interests. EVERY single one of them, no matter what party they belong to.

I don't give a damn about drugs.
I don't care too much about the Tories either.

What gets my goat though is the timing. Numerous MPs are running for the Tory leadership and now one of them have been picked off because of something that they did 20 years ago. This is 100% deliberate, and like the above post, an attempt to secure BoJo as being our next PM.

Associate
I dont really care about whether he did some powder ages ago, its about how he conducts himself now thats important.

Also dont care about politicians being corrupt ect because... well it comes with the territory and every one of them are the same.

Soldato
OP
20 years ago he would have been around 30, which isn't quite the same as someone trying drugs as a teenager or student.

How old are you?

Also, I can certainly see situations where somebody in their 30's might just try something, should the opportunity arise, that they didnt have an opportunity to experience in an earlier life.

This, is not, in itself, a legitimate criticism.

Hell, 15 years ago or so I went to a lap dance club (Part of somebody elses stag night)

It was an interesting experience but not one I have any interest in repeating.

Dont really see the attraction really.

I have also smoked tobacco in various froms too.

Don't see the attraction for that either

I may not like the guy myself as a potential PM is neither here nor there. The fact hat he snorted a bit of coke 20 years ago is utterly irrelevent.

Soldato
Personally I don't think any of the harder drugs should ever be decriminalised - stuff like cannabis isn't really any different from alcohol but others can do significant and permanent damage with no hope of any kind of proper rehabilitation from.

Few people would dispute the damaging effects of drugs, all drugs, even alcohol. The question that needs to be asked is does the law A) prevent people from taking drugs, B) mitigate the harmful effects of taking drugs, C) help the rehabilitation of people who abuse drugs.

IMO, the answer to all these points is a resounding no.

Caporegime
Personally I don't think any of the harder drugs should ever be decriminalised - stuff like cannabis isn't really any different from alcohol but others can do significant and permanent damage with no hope of any kind of proper rehabilitation from.

Alcohol is the probably the most toxic drug, cancer, liver damage, heart damage, brain damage, potentially fatal withdrawal syndrome, worse than heroin, so if alcohol is legal then all other drugs need to be legal for consistency.

There is no such thing as a "hard drug" or a "soft drug" anyway, it is a subjective and arbitrary distinction.

Soldato
Alcohol is the probably the most toxic drug, cancer, liver damage, heart damage, brain damage, potentially fatal withdrawal syndrome, worse than heroin, so if alcohol is legal then all other drugs need to be legal for consistency.

There is no such thing as a "hard drug" or a "soft drug" anyway, it is a subjective and arbitrary distinction.

Beat me to it.

Soldato
So we should forgive the likes of Cyril Smith for abusing young boys because it happened x years ago when it was and still is illegal and morally repugnant?

Or do we finally ******* admit that drugs should be legal, it's functionally legal considering the statistics, so why are we wasting billions on it.

Having sex with children is the same as casual drug use is it? Holy crap what a poor analogy. Stealing a Mars bar from a corner shop is illegal and shoplifting is morally repugnant..

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Not really true - many people drink moderate amounts of alcohol with little to no negative effect while stuff like crystal meths there isn't really a moderate amount.

Soldato
Cannabis is way more dangerous than people like to make out especially with all the super strong strains available. Your looking at memory loss, depression, loss of motor controls, psychosis and lots more.

Back
Top Bottom