Why is finding a laptop so hard!

Associate
Had an MSI ordered, but the company couldnt fulfil stock until mid-October so I bailed on that and now im back to square one.

Looked again at the Omen that someone mentioned on here... now out of stock...

There is nothing out there atm unless I compromise on something and tbh if im spending 1600-1700 i dont want to compromise :(

Granted I know a 1080 GPU is out of the question, but i think an I7 7700HQ, 16GB Ram, 1070, 256SSD should be something I can expect at the range....

Laptop companies I want to spend my money.. help me :D

Associate
OP
Cheers for the replies.

Ive looked on the outlet and its circa 2k atm for those....

Theres another MSI out there for 1700 which i think is my only option right now. Ive looked everywhere!

Associate
OP
Gone with the MSI (again), different one but it ticks all the boxes and comes with a free backpack apparently :D

I know everyone hates MSI but looking at that thread it appears to be about updating components, something I wont do anyway, so hopefully wont need to cross that bridge as such.

MSI 15.6" GT62VR 7RE Dominator

Associate
Gone with the MSI (again), different one but it ticks all the boxes and comes with a free backpack apparently :D

I know everyone hates MSI but looking at that thread it appears to be about updating components, something I wont do anyway, so hopefully wont need to cross that bridge as such.

MSI 15.6" GT62VR 7RE Dominator

Enjoy your new machine fella.

(you were warned ;) ).

Associate
OP
OK so this was delivered yesterday at 4, sadly I work nights and left at 430... so have only just had a chance to unpack and boot up.

Had a back to school offer as well, so ive some MSI figures, a backpack (that ill pass on to my son) and a headset that I dont need unless its better than the HYPER Cloud II... but I doubt it.

The pain in all this is the re-installation of everything... games, software, transferring photos and files etc. Outside of that im looking through what programs I can clear off, already binned Norton and some other thing that I dont need.

As it stands, everything is in there as advertised so looking forward to testing it out.

Back
Top Bottom