• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why is the A770 holding it's value?

Suspended
I've just looked on that well-known auction site and seen that the 16 GB Intel Arc A770 is still going for £270+ second hand with brand new cards going for over £370 (less if you're willing to purchase from China). Why?

People don't want to lose money so they're holding out. There has also been a lot of positive press recently regarding improvements. They also aren't as widely available as AMD/Nvidia counterparts.

There is also a lot of scaremongering about GPU prices are about to rocket with ai now becoming a more prominent part of lives, and there are start ups buying up GPUs to make AI rigs, as consumer gpu's are significantly cheaper than commercial data centre / air specific cards.

However my understanding is that intel gpu's are still hard to shift.

I've just looked on that well-known auction site and seen that the 16 GB Intel Arc A770 is still going for £270+ second hand with brand new cards going for over £370 (less if you're willing to purchase from China). Why?
Simple economics at the end of the day. Try and find a AMD/Nvidia card that has similar performance that also comes with 16Gb of ram for around £300.

Intel cards are good at AI work and having a GPU with a decent amount of vram is sought after for running such loads and large data sets.

Back
Top Bottom