Why is this house blurred out on Google Maps?

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Yes, or close to it. The current owners probably got annoyed at all the attention and so had it blurred.

Same with this house: https://www.google.com/maps/@42.109...4!1sLSt2ulLS9XGUF4J7q7wKbA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

That's the Home Alone house.

It's the exact same location. This is taken from the church tower.

http://www.foxearth.org.uk/BorleyRectoryPictures/rectoryExteriorfromtower.jpg

Why on earth would anyone live in the house built on the same site? And then have it blurred out? Incredibly suspicious.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Borley Rectory, the "most haunted house in england" was shown to be nothing but a hoax largely perpetrated buy the man who happened to write a couple of books about the subject.

There was activity that was hoaxed in order to increase the fame and funds of the residents, but there were plenty of other phenomena there which remain unexplained. For instance:

Mayerling admits there was one incident he is unable to explain and which could prove there is still more to the Borley stories than meets the eye. In Easter 1935, Shaw, Norman, Spilsbury, Mayerling and Marianne Foyster attended a séance at Borley. 'We chose an ill-lit and underground cellar at about midnight and sat in silence,' he remembered. 'Someone gave a nervous cough and was about to speak when an extraordinary thing happened: the kitchen bells seemed to clang together in one single clash.'

Apart from those sitting at the table, the house was empty, and both Foyster and Mayerling knew from experience that it was impossible to make the bells ring at the same time.

'Norman jumped up and then there was a lightning strike of silver-blue light which appeared to implode from all walls and the ceiling of the cellars and then there was a dead silence,' he said. 'Shaw had been in the process of pushing a box of matches diagonally across the table and Norman was half off his chair in a turning position, but every member of the séance was struck with an instant paralysis which lasted about five seconds.'

Afterwards, Mayerling was blinded - he eventually recovered sight in one eye - and Norman and Shaw refused to stay the night in the house.

'I can't explain that occurrence and, to be honest, it still makes me feel rather shaken,' he said. 'The rest of the hauntings were, without exception, the most successful hoax of the age, but that still sets my spine tingling.'

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/dec/31/books.booksnews

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
There is something called the Barbara Streisand effect.

The famous singer saw her house on Google Maps (or a similar internet service) and she asked for it to be removed. This was in an attempt to draw less attention to her and her house. Instead, it drew more attention to her and so it gave the opposite effect to what she intended.

I guess something similar will happen to the owners of the house in the OP and other owners who have done similar. People are curious beings.

Indeed. I have now installed a ghost detector on my phone and am seriously considering going up to Sudbury.

Back
Top Bottom