Wierd problem, any opinions welcome.

Associate
Evening folks,

Firstly, what I'm using...actually a pre-built PC from Overclockers - "Ultima OC 8800GTX" Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz @ QX6950+ 3.30GHz+ Quad Core SILENT DDR2 System. Antec 900 case. Abit IP35-Pro Intel P35 (Socket LGA775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard. Vista 64bit.

Now, for the problem -

Minor as it is, whenever I plug in mic/headset to the front or rear jacks, my pc stutters, and slows down periodically (every 45 seconds or so, for a couple seconds at a time).

This is an amazing pain when playing online games. Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing it? All drivers are up to date, headset works fine with the old PC I was using.

Incidently, the mic/headphone functions work fine, it's just the lag bothering me. I can't think of any cause for it.

Thanks in advance!

Associate
OP
Also with regards to the above post, just wanted to mention it's the standard on-board sound card (realtek) and there's no third party software starting when I plug jacks in, apart from realtek's little system tray icon advising me that I've just plugged a jack in.

Back
Top Bottom