Wierd question about scrap

Man of Honour
Hey guys

Was just putting away the stuff after doing the garden today and some pickup pulled up with some guy and his kid in asking if I had any scrap that wanted taking away

Now as it happened I had a microwave out back that I wanted rid of and an old fridge that we just replaced, but he could only take the microwave (funny thing is he asked if we had any cookers or washing machines so its obviously not room).

Thing is, the microwave was totally smashed up (as I like to make sure people don't get freebies out of me), so what does he get out of this. He wasn't in a business I asked that, just purely going around the estate collecting anyones scrap

So my question is, why does he do it? What benefit does he get out of it

I know it's random, but I just though I'd ask out of curiosity

Man of Honour
OP
I know it seems a bit mean. But with stuff like that, and the sort of people we get around this estate (right scroungers). I just don't like to think they are living off mine and others cast offs

I do give stuff away to good causes though through proper means like Charity shops, just I think it's a bit different people going through your rubbish and just taking it

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah totally forgot about the gases within fridges

Still, he took the microwave which makes the side of the house look a little nicer

Still waiting on the council to take the fridge away, charging £20 to take it :eek:

Man of Honour
OP
What an utterly pathetic and unbelievably self-absorbed attitude to have :rolleyes:
People like you disgust me tbh :mad:

rofl

What?! :D

Deary deary me

Sorry, I have to explain myself here as I think people have misunderstood my statement a bit here.

I'm not pathetic, or self absorbed, I live in quite a rough area, and more often than not, when we put our rubbish out. We'll get people coming along, opening up our rubbish bags and taking anything that they deem valuable. Now dont get me wrong, I'm throwing it away, I don't want it anymore. But, I do object to people just strolling up to my house, strolling down my driveway, and then going through my rubbish. All without asking

Like I said, I donate to charity shops, give stuff to my neighbours, the only thing I object to are these people who crowd round outside my house and look through my rubbish bags or other stuff to get a freebie simply because they dont want to pay for anything themselves

If I lived in a better area it really wouldnt bother me

So have your rolleyes back you jumped up little ****

Back
Top Bottom