Will a tesco sim work in my O2 iPhone 5?

Associate
I don't know about O2 stores but I don't see any reason why the PAYG phones should lock given your paying above apple prices as it is.

It would lock as it wouldn't be in apples database of unlocked iPhones (most of those would be for those sold in apple stores), and since tesco would be classed as a separate network (as well as most of the phones they sell being double locked or so I've heard) it's unlikely that it would work in a locked to o2 phone (that might not be the case for giffgaff, but others that use another network won't work in phones locked to that network).

Soldato
Bizarrely O2 sent me a text this morning saying my iPhone was now unlocked.

I didn't request it and it specifically says on their website they will not unlock iPhone 5s. I don't have any other network sims to test it though.

www.o2.co.uk/unlockmyiphone

Associate
Also, I'm not sure if Tesco provide Nano SIMs, so you might have to buy a cutter to cut one.

tesco do provide free nano sims and if its a 02 phone it works on tesco as they use 02 network

re giffgaff
For only £12 a
month you get:
250 UK minutes
Unlimited UK texts
Unlimited Internet
Free to giffgaff

with Tesco my kids get £12.50
600mins
unlimited texts
2gb data
all capped by choice so no creep up bills i hardly see giffgaff as smashing there

Pug

Pug

Soldato
I agree giffgaff aren't what they were but there are two obvious things missing there.

For £10 you can get the same texts/mins and 1gb data for £10.

Also if to u get your family all on GG you get unlimited free giffgaff to giffgaff calls - and it's there you make the savings.

Soldato
I agree giffgaff aren't what they were but there are two obvious things missing there.

For £10 you can get the same texts/mins and 1gb data for £10.

Also if to u get your family all on GG you get unlimited free giffgaff to giffgaff calls - and it's there you make the savings.

That and the payback you can get. O2's network is proving to be pretty patchy and I'm tempted to switch, however I am currently lined up for more than £20 payback, £10+ for some unknown reason, and another £10 for switching two other people. Very little effort and I'm already getting a substantial discount.

Associate
this post is in the style of niff naff i mean giff gaff ------ hello hello hello-- (dropped call dialing agen ))
as i was sa---- hello hello......yes i was on giff gaff as it was s-----hello hello---- yes so cheep my pho--- hello hello.---. my phone bill dropped from £60-80 down to 15£ the wife was on it all my mates was on my son hello hello ...my son is still on and when i ring him all i get is 50% of the time is...welcome to niff naff the parson you are call........hang up... so as i was saying---- hello hello ---one resan it was cheap for me is 0800 and 0845 numbers ar free -hello hello...Fu@k this

Soldato
OP
this post is in the style of niff naff i mean giff gaff ------ hello hello hello-- (dropped call dialing agen ))
as i was sa---- hello hello......yes i was on giff gaff as it was s-----hello hello---- yes so cheep my pho--- hello hello.---. my phone bill dropped from £60-80 down to 15£ the wife was on it all my mates was on my son hello hello ...my son is still on and when i ring him all i get is 50% of the time is...welcome to niff naff the parson you are call........hang up... so as i was saying---- hello hello ---one resan it was cheap for me is 0800 and 0845 numbers ar free -hello hello...Fu@k this

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom