• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will Geforce RTX 3060 6gb gddr6 play total war and city builder games

Associate
Hi everyone currently looking at alienware x14 for a midrange laptop it has rtx 3060 6gb , I used to have a hp laptop with 1660 ti and that played total war and everything I threw at it.

I mainly play total war games like the upcoming pharoh and skyline cities etc.

Just after some advice as need to know of this card will play all the games on high settings.

Thanks dean

Associate
I think you're really gonna struggle with a 6GB card on CS2, not sure about CS1.

VRAM is becoming a real limiting factor in gaming these days. In desktop gaming these days you're really looking at a starting point of 12GB VRAM. Anything less is already seen as obsolete.

Associate
OP
I think you're really gonna struggle with a 6GB card on CS2, not sure about CS1.

VRAM is becoming a real limiting factor in gaming these days. In desktop gaming these days you're really looking at a starting point of 12GB VRAM. Anything less is already seen as obsolete.
Thanks mate, crazy how quick technology moves on, u seen some 32gb cards when browsing, I was shocked. I am after a medium price range laptop for gaming, I can pick up a refurbished x14 for £850 and aslong as plays total war games etc it should do the job. Like I say the 1660 ti I had in laptop 3 years ago played then on max settings . I prefer rts over city builder.

You think would play current total war games and rtx games.

Thanks again
Dean

Associate
OP
You think will play pharoh on max settings mate also my son likes games like planted zoo etc.

thanks dean

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking at the recommended specs you should have no problem running the game. A quick google for specs has this as recommended in Pharoah. The 3060 craps all over those cards so should run at decent fps.
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030, 2 GB or AMD Radeon RX 460, 2 GB or Intel HD Graphics 630.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom