Will Macbook eventully come with HDMI?

Soldato
I have just though about this... As I have seen Laptop starting to have HDMI port on them to play back HD Movies that been downloaded. NOW this has just hit my mind and Making it hard for me again god LIFE is hard.

I dont think the current Macbook have HD compatibility has it like Laptops do? Any idea on this... Or should i just go and B++++Y buy one?

Man of Honour
well, hdmi is largely just dvi with a different connection, though you do get sound through the connection as well. copy protection will possibly be an issue one day but at the moment there's little difference between the two.

Soldato
OP
Now that is good :D so I can just connect it using DVI to HDMI and do apple supply such cable? And this is just as good? Sorry about all these questions need to make sure my hard earn cash is well spent

Soldato
Rookies said:
Now that is good :D so I can just connect it using DVI to HDMI and do apple supply such cable? And this is just as good? Sorry about all these questions need to make sure my hard earn cash is well spent

There's no direct cable AFAIK. You'll need a Mini-DVI->DVI Cable then a DVI->HDMI convertor. Obviously you would just need a DVI cable and DVI->HDMI convertor if it's the Pro.

A lot of TVs report their resolutions wrongly when you hook them up to computers though so some messing around with DisplayConfigX (or equivilent) might be needed to get the right res and aspect ratio without losing a chunk of screen to overscan.

Man of Honour
you can get a cable with dvi on one end and hdmi on the other which will work, obviously with a macbook you'll need an adaptor as well and as said, you may need to play with resolution..

Back
Top Bottom