• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will OC be supplying the Nvidea Gforce Rtx Super series Gpus?

Associate
OP
Yes we will:

17th January 2pm - 4070 12G Super available to buy
24th January 2pm - 4070 Ti 16G Super available to buy
31st January 2pm - 4080 16G Super available to buy

Cards are listed on website now, more cards are getting listed every day and pricing though estimated is in the right ball park.
Cheers Gibbo

Associate
OP
I must say that the price of GPUs in general seem to be insane...
Excuse my ignorance, but is there some justification for these prices?
I noticed that sale discounts are extremely minimal on these products, would this suggest that the profit margins are extremely low for companies that purchase them from the suppliers?

Associate
OP
The makers are aware there's no choice besides them and aren't in the mood to fight.

Nvidia can make the best card, has a large majority of the market and decides what they want prices to be.

AMD can make a decent card but they have no actual advantage so they price to be a bit below whatever Nvidia card is closest in performance. They also have better things to do like print cpus which are very good so don't expect them to shake up gpu pricing anytime soon.

Intel can make a card. Not taken very seriously due to still sorting problems from being "new", needs more time unless you like being a guinea pig, not even cheaply priced for their performance when they work properly.
Thanks for the heads up Hotwire. How sad this is for us/man's greed/obession with naking money etc....Seems to be a familiar story in "business" :(

I tend to upgrade/rebuild every 5 years or so, and am always presently surprised with many of the PC components increasing in speed/performance and/or reducing in size...But these GPUs just seem to getting larger with a multitude of fans to keep them cool as more power is required for them to perform....They just look so primitive size-wise. One day they will be a thousand times faster and be the size of a small sugar cube....:)
Very interesting times to be in tech-wise, and despite being blead through the nose for it, I count myself lucky to be part of it :)

Back
Top Bottom