Will there be a Steam Xmas sale?

Soldato
Looking to spend a little Xmas money on some new games. I know the in-laws have got me an Amazon voucher also which will be ok for some of the more popular games but I'm also hoping to also pick up Black Mesa and SOMA which I can't find on Amazon. They're both a bit steep price wise on Steam just now so I'll hold off if there is likely to be a sale in the coming week?

Also, I rarely spend more than £10 on a game with the exception being around Xmas. I have already pre-ordered RE7 and looked at the new South Park game and ME Andromeda but both of those are around £35 best pre-order price which is too much for me - I'll likely wait 6 months. The 2 recent and popular games I haven't played yet are Witcher 3 and GTA 5 which I could likely get now for £25 or less. But which one should I choose? I played and enjoyed the Witcher 2 although I did give up on it about half way through once I got lost in a city and knew that I had experienced all the female conquests available to me. I hated the combat and HUD in the game though and ended up dropping the difficulty down to easy. For GTA 5, I have never owned or played a GTA game seriously, aside from the odd standoff on a friends console. Based on me past experience, which one do you think I'd enjoy more?

Soldato
OP
Yeah guys I use CD Keys quite a lot and have never had any problems. I also always check CD keys and Amazon for a better deal even if they are on sale on Steam. The main point I was making in my original post though, is that Steam have by far the biggest selection of games and often you can't get what you are looking for from other sites and Amazon. The 2 games in particular I want are SOMA and Black Mesa which I can't find elsewhere so I'm hoping these will be included in Steam's sale...

Soldato
OP
Anyone else saw Dark Souls 3 at £19.99 (half price) ? Or was it only me?
Clicked the link and its back to full price of £40 :confused:

Similar thing happening to me. Black Mesa showing as 60% off in search list but then showing full price when you go to the store page. And with SOMA - showing discounted price on store page but full price when I go to checkout...

Hopefully it's because of the 'heavy load' and will settle shortly...

Soldato
OP
The first one seems to have been loved across the board but 2 seems to be a bit like marmite going by steam reviews etc, I may just go for it looks fun and if I don't like it... it's your fault :D

Lol. Fair enough. I played 2 before 1 and then went back and played the first one. Can't say I enjoyed either one significantly more than the other - they were both great. I think people's problem with 2 was they didn't like the story as much as 1 but I thought the story in 2 was great too...

Soldato
OP
The best purchase for me was Tomb Raider for £3.74. Awesome game!

Yeah I love the new Tomb Raider games although I'm playing Tomb Raider Legend just now and whilst there are lots of comments in reviews for the new Tomb Raider games regarding how Lara is now proportionate, I have to say I miss the extreme curves of the previous games... the reviews for the new games make this sound like a good thing! Am I missing something? :D

Back
Top Bottom