Will this cost more in white?

Associate
Last edited:
probably, white always has a slight premium as less demand so prices slightly higher, though every so often you get a white sale, where they are less
this is different to your last post of am5 and 7800xt and even your 4070ti post for black fri. the performance swings are large between them too.
I think firstly you have to really sit down and decide exactly what performance you're after for your son, whether you want it future proff/upgradeable, capable of 1080/1440/4k(1440 would be my recommendation).

Buying two gaming pc. The build above for my son as he has a ps5 as well. The am5 7800xt for myself.
ok, and your son's target performance?..does he want similar to ps5? as you'll prob have to look more towards a 6750xt gpu for similar performance. upside for ps5/xsx etc is that they can be really dialed in for gaming performance whereas a pc is jack of all trades, so games aren't quite so well optimised, with so many variations

No white AM4 motherboards on here but if you change the case from the Kolink Inspire to the Kolink Observatory (white) not only will you save a few quid but it comes with 5 ARGB fans and has a mesh front so will cool much better than the Inspire.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £43.99 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

Last edited:
Yes usually costs a bit more for white
Plus it limits your choices
The other thing would be they won't be
An exact match they will be different shades of white
So depends how ocd you/your son is
About things like that
Whereas black it's harder to notice if
They are the same shade or not

It is really not a good idea to build a budget system like that in white, you need every penny you can get to max out your value of money.

A white case with RGB? That's fine, you can get that, but to match the rest of the PC? No, I would not.

This is the best I can do (costs £110 extra on your spec):

(CPU cooler in the CPU box)

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £743.86 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

Last edited:
You could go intel and it would be better performing, have a bit more upgradability and white:

Asrock B760M-HDV/M.2(White) - £85
12400F - £99 (Or much better 12600KF For £149)
32Gb Teamgroup 6200Mhz White - £99
Then the cheap Kolink RGB white case and the rest as you have spaced up should do the job for very similar price. If you want it REALLY white you can get a cheapo set of white braided PSU extension cables for less than £20 and you can get a white 4060 for £289.

^^^ Great case for the money BTW. :)

Last edited:
A perfect example of 'white tax' is the same psu but a tenner more expensive in white
Does not surprise me, its like the RGB tax (When they first launched) but finding that the RGB stuff seems to be cheaper at times now and you pay more for not have RGB where it was the other way round before.

Well had a sleep and I’ve just noticed that the build I have posted is a AM4 build, any chance some kind person could tweak it to AM5 build plus need Wi-Fi as well. Will this case be ok to use

Going build it myself and buy windows 11 key online to keep it cheaper. Will a AM5 build be easier to upgrade in the future over a AM4.
Thank you the help guys.

Am5 is the newer platform
So yes more future proof

But can't remember a longer running socket
Than am4
So a future upgrade to a higher am4 cpu
Would be relatively cheap
Due to the sheer proliferation of am4 parts

Probably depends
If am5 is going to increase your cost by much
Build lists aren't my thing
So someone like tetras will sort you out with one

Personally still running am4
And it's still got a few good years left in it

Well had a sleep and I’ve just noticed that the build I have posted is a AM4 build, any chance some kind person could tweak it to AM5 build plus need Wi-Fi as well. Will this case be ok to use

Going build it myself and buy windows 11 key online to keep it cheaper. Will a AM5 build be easier to upgrade in the future over a AM4.
Thank you the help guys.
That's the case I recommended. It even comes with 5 ARGB fans.

you would have to add about £80 for a white B650(Aorus Elite AX-M) motherboard and another £80 for a equivalent AMD CPU (Ryzen 5 7600)

The intel build i suggested with the 12600KF is almost exactly the same performance as the R5 7600 and you can also just put a better LGA1700 in at a later date for more performance should you require it.

I would also suggest one of the Thermalright PA120 coolers. You can get the white with RGB for about £30.

Last edited:

Go black and white for internals makes it easier.

AM5 cooler optional as 7600 comes with one.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £419.96 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

You if you look elsewhere get corsair vengeance rgb 6000c36 expo/xmp for £96.98. Not white but as you say, black znd white theme, andwith the rgb on, you wont really notice the colour of the rest of the ram. Need to just double check the mobo...most of the b650 prime boards have horrible vrm's. Ok for a 7600 but upgrade to something more beefiy and they get hot

Is fine if version Ii board as you have above. Running cinebench with 7950x got to 79 degrees.. the b650m-A (version 1) went over 100 degrees, so avoid

Back
Top Bottom