• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will this PCIE bracket fit?

Associate
I've got a PCIE3 riser at the moment for my 5700 XT - I simply put it in gen3 mode and it works fine. Don't notice any performance difference

There have been a few issues with the 3000 Series. Mine just wouldn't post unless I switched to PCIE3 and even then was getting intermittent CTDs. Others have had their PCIE speeds significantly reduced.
Also my SSDs are on the same Lane which seemed a waste to drop to PCIE3

Soldato
I would imagine that bracket is fine. While the card may be 4 slots thick, it only has 2 PCIe slot and the cooler which does extend does not go extend into the PCIe bracket area.

Permabanned
Parallel bus cables have definite limits. This is because the length of each track must be identical or the signal will arrive out of phase with the other tracks. The higher the frequency the more this is a problem. This is entirely why they stopped using parallel cables to hard drives and intel even wanted to use serial RAM. Thing is that the one you mention is designed for PCIE3 and it really will be limited to that. If you try to push it faster you are in the lottery as to whether it will work.

Back
Top Bottom