Will this play Oblivion

Caporegime
My friend has just bought this new pc and he was wondering if it would be able to play oblivion. I have said yes but not that good, but he wont belive me so he wants some opinions of you guys.

Intel Pentium D 920 Dual Core Processor
2 x 2.8GHz, 800MHz FSB
1024MB DDR RAM
300GB Hard Disk Drive
Dual Layer DVD-RW Drive
256MB NVIDIA Ge Force 6200 SE Graphics
9-In-1 Media Card Reader
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Thanks

Associate
that graphics card will struggle. he will be stuck playing at medium or low quality, at 800x600 or 1024x768. it would be a good idea to get a 6800gt or gs second hand if he intends to play it as it should be a cheap but effective upgrade.

Man of Honour
The graphics card is a joke when compared with the rest of the specification, 256mb doesn't mean it is a good card(especially as some of that is system Ram). However as GAMEfreak suggests it should be a fairly simple upgrade providing that the motherboard has a spare PCI-E x16 slot. It should work as is but just not all that well.

Caporegime
OP
Thanks ill tell him them. Another thing, he bought the pc from a retial shop and the sales assistant told him that Intel CPUs where better for playing games on than AMDs. What a fool, it shows what idiots work in pc shops these days.

Soldato
Azza said:
Thanks ill tell him them. Another thing, he bought the pc from a retial shop and the sales assistant told him that Intel CPUs where better for playing games on than AMDs. What a fool, it shows what idiots work in pc shops these days.

Not really suprising, If i were him I would go back and complain about the salesman lying.

Something like a 6600GT/X800GTO would be a decent upgrade.

Soldato
Azza said:

not me i work in a well know office subplier and i tell them which is better and why

Soldato
awww no, thats well harsh. well will teach him to be drinking :p. would agree a more powerful graphics card would be what he needs. 6800 or a 7600 (whenever they come out)

Soldato
The rest is ok, but definitely a graphics card upgrade is in order.
(should have gone AMD for gaming though)

X850XT are good cards for cheap price in PCIE form.

Caporegime
Energize said:
And has longer load times, less draw distance, and doesn't do half the things a pc does. ;)

Im not knocking the PC, i just mentioned the 360 as he only said its for Oblivion, and seen as its coming out on the 360, then a 360 would be cheaper, and will run it perfectly, but obviously if the PC is not just for Oblivion then sorry i made a mistake. :)

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Im not knocking the PC, i just mentioned the 360 as he only said its for Oblivion, and seen as its coming out on the 360, then a 360 would be cheaper, and will run it perfectly, but obviously if the PC is not just for Oblivion then sorry i made a mistake. :)
nope, you were right in what you said :)

Back
Top Bottom