Wimbledon 2022

Soldato
Seem to be a some non-tennis fans here given the comments about not watching if Brits are out. Very odd considering it's an individual tournament where nationality has no bearing, unless you are Russian like Bublik and Rybakina both of whom have been playing.

Anyway for those that only watch tennis if there's a British player, the Boulter vs Tan match tomorrow should be interesting one. First match on court 2. Which is annoying as the Gauf vs Anisomova match should be a good one too with higher quality tennis. Sticking with the Women's Iga is also in action, though don't expect Cornet to put up much of a challenge.

On the men's side, Kyrgios vs Tsitsipas should be good.

Permabanned
Seem to be a some non-tennis fans here given the comments about not watching if Brits are out. Very odd considering it's an individual tournament where nationality has no bearing, unless you are Russian like Bublik and Rybakina both of whom have been playing.

Anyway for those that only watch tennis if there's a British player, the Boulter vs Tan match tomorrow should be interesting one. First match on court 2. Which is annoying as the Gauf vs Anisomova match should be a good one too with higher quality tennis. Sticking with the Women's Iga is also in action, though don't expect Cornet to put up much of a challenge.

On the men's side, Kyrgios vs Tsitsipas should be good.

Fairweather tennis fan, I quite like the sport but won't go out of my way to watch. So if British players are playing it's a bonus. :)

Caporegime
OP
Am I right in saying this is the first time we've had two British players reach the 4th round of a slam since 2017? Could up with four after tomorrow which can't have happened for decades, if ever.

Soldato
Congrats to Norrie. Can't see Andy Murray ever winning anything major again. He obviously did amazing things in his career but he's had his day and the newer young brits are where it's at now. Murray should probably retire. Plus it's such a pleasure seeing players like Norrie winning without desperately roaring at the crowd like Murray to get the crowd to push him through.

Soldato
If he's enjoying it then yeah, carry on. I just don't see him ever winning a major tournament again, that's all I'm really saying. I think he's done.
I don't think anyone expects him to win a grand slam again, but he is still a very decent professional tennis player earning a decent income. Probably can't draw his pension just yet :D

Soldato
I think even Andy Murray knows this is extra time on his career, he was pretty much done in his head like 3 years ago but has been given a second chance.

Can't blame him for wanting to make the most of the twilight of his career. If (big if!) he could get a run of tournaments going without injury I still think he's easily a top 32 player.

Caporegime
OP
One way traffic in the Tan v Boulter game unfortunately :(

Actually makes the Serena performance even more impressive.

Edit: 6-1, 6-1 in 50 minutes, Boulter got annihilated.

Last edited:
Soldato
I expected Boulter to do a better and at least put up a fight. Tan didn't let her play, but Boulter didn't help herself. Quite a few errors within her control, and her footwork wasn't good at all. 21 unforced errors to 8 winners.

some of her decision making was poor. Like after the lob, she played an awful drop shot that allowed Tan to come to the net. In a similar situation we saw Serena smash a 70mph backhand cross court rather than mess about trying a delicate shot.

Next up, Ansimova against Gauff, which should be a much better match all round. I'm an Asim fan but I think Gauff might have too much variety for her. We'll see.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom