Wimbledon

Man of Honour
I'd never have predicted the scoreline and I've got to admit I was worried more than once especially when Djokovic was 4-1 up in the second but what a game and what a fantastic result. In as far as I can be for something I have no influence over I'm delighted for Andy Murray. The interview in the immediate aftermath with Novak Djokovic was nice and showed a real level of respect there.

I don't think it did need proving but at least now all the people who said that the US Open was a fluke and that he'd never win another Slam event will have to hold their tongue for a while. I wonder if any of the negative posters will come back to admit they got it wrong...?

Caporegime
Did merlin do a prediction? Well done Murray. Dead chuffed for him

I did:p albeit after the first set, i said Murray will win it and win it he did and in style...beat Novak in straight sets which was surprising as i expected Novak to at least put up a fight. But i think his semi against DP took a lot out of him whereas Murray had a relatively easy semi, losing just the one set.

Saying that though, im not taking anything away from Murray. He was sublime today compared to an out of sorts Djokovic.

Making so many unforced errors was not going to help Novak win Wimbledon, something like 40 compared to Murray who iirc only made about 15 unforced errors.

Ive never liked Murray and probably wont but to say he didnt deserve to win today would be utterly stupid. The lad deserved it and with Lendl's help he won it and has been in brilliant form ie winning the US Open, Olympic gold and now Wimbledon. What makes it more funnier is that Murray did what his coach Lendl couldnt do ie win Wimbledon:p.

I can see Murray taking the number one spot if he carries on playing the way he has been...can also see him win a few more Wimbledons too.

Now to deal and put up with the stupid british media having their spazzfest over Murray:p:D

V F

V F

Soldato
I wonder what it will feel like once he goes to this winners dinner? since they were talking about it on Sky News. Must feel like something from the Oscars?

Soldato
Alex Salmon will be hating Murray saying it's a win for British tennis, it's great to be the first British player to win Wimbledon in so long :D.

Just saw an image of Djokovic and Murray playing Men's doubles together in 2006. Would hate to play them together now :eek: :p.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Funny how this has all turned out. Day 1, Nadal out, day 3, Federer out and 7 others drop out and the rest of the tournament felt dull due to not knowing many of the new names. Then the last 3 or 4 days become so fantastic that the two weeks have flown by like 2 days.

Soldato
Happy for Andy Murray, also glad we dont have to put up with its X amount of years since it was won by a Brit the press/media goes on about every year. I dont ever get this British/Scottish thing, surely he is representing himself and himself only? He's not playing in the Davis cup or the Olympics so its a great win for him.

Back
Top Bottom