Win 10, yay or nay?

Caporegime
xfi cards work.

i did the install yesterday.at first couldn't get the creative card to work then some updates came through rebooted then was fine.

i had a play of a few games and features then put win 7 back on. :p

win 7 is simple works without the faffing about.

win 10 just has extra stuff on top for the sake of it. i made a usb install so ill check it again in 6 months or so.

Soldato
For anyone that streams,

I've been hearing of streaming issues with OBS in win 10, visual fps lag etc, exact cause unknown and I'm not sure if that's whilst ingame or the actual obs preview.

Soldato
xfi cards work.

i did the install yesterday.at first couldn't get the creative card to work then some updates came through rebooted then was fine.

Using the auto installed driver gave me sound, but my front bay module didn't work (no headphone detection, or volume control from it. Probably no microphone either but I didn't try it). Also without the Creative Control Panel, no CMSS 3D or the other options.

Last edited:
Soldato
For anyone that streams,

I've been hearing of streaming issues with OBS in win 10, visual fps lag etc, exact cause unknown and I'm not sure if that's whilst ingame or the actual obs preview.

Streaming with OBS has been fine for me. UAC can interfere, so you either need to turn it off or run OBS as admin. If you had UAC off before updating, it will be back on now.

Associate
Huh? I haven't formatted for 4 years, ever since installing the system on SSD, and it is as fast as it was on day 1 :)
And I do not plan formatting even with Win10, I will just let it upgrade.
As for the system, from what I have seen Win10 is the same as Win7 gaming perf-wise. But once DX12 gets used, it should be faster.

wait what?? 8.1 is faster than 7 for gaming - 10 improves on that as MS has improved things on the kernel side.

Don
What is it with Asus and Creative, they both make great hardware, but are a complete and utter shambles when it comes to drivers.

Every OS release, they are months behind in releasing stable drivers.

Associate
What is it with Asus and Creative, they both make great hardware, but are a complete and utter shambles when it comes to drivers.

Every OS release, they are months behind in releasing stable drivers.

creative been that way since DOS - they slightly improved with win 95 and win 98SE.....really should get another sound card hehe but pretty much use my usb head phones for everything

Soldato
creative been that way since DOS - they slightly improved with win 95 and win 98SE.....really should get another sound card hehe but pretty much use my usb head phones for everything

Indeed, the one guarentee with Creative is they will be utterly useless when it comes to drivers or supporting software.
For every OS for long periods after launch.
Shame really.

Soldato
Streaming with OBS has been fine for me. UAC can interfere, so you either need to turn it off or run OBS as admin. If you had UAC off before updating, it will be back on now.

Could be at different resolutions but I'll pass that thought on.

*Update* Just been told, UAC is switched off. I'll find out some more details e.g. Res etc.

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
I've seen someone say they have had FPS increase in PCars with AMD drivers.

Massive "yay" for pCARS with AMD on my old/weak C2Quad CPU, I can now hotlap with "ultra" track/car/shadows with great fps in the dry and acceptable fps in the wet.
In Windows 8.1, this was a "Slideshow Bob" scenario before we talk of racing against AI!

If someone could confirm Asus Xonar or unified drivers working in Windows 10 that would be great. Only thing I can think on my rig I'd have a concern about. Also Xbox 360 wireless receiver.

http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/ works great for my basic DGX.

Soldato
I haven't got it but one of my co-op partners for BL2 has. In BL2 only there is a horrible buzzing on coms - same problem if we use in game chat or skype and only when BL2 has focus :confused:

Soldato
No. I've serious concerns regarding the amount of info that the EULA gives Microsoft access to. It reads like something Facebook would be ashamed to use.

Back
Top Bottom