• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

Win 11 Pro 22H2 BSOD Cache manager error + Windows Updates failing Download error - 0x80248014

Associate
Hi,

I keep getting BSOD cache manager errors and also am unable to update windows (Download error - 0x80248014),

For troubleshooting the windows updates I have tried:

When I try this entering this in cmd : Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat" I get file cannot be found

When I try registering all the dll's I get a load of error messages on some of them? "The module "wuwebv.dll" failed to load. The specified module cannot be found.

Ive tried sfc /scannow and a load of DISM commands too. They all say there is nothing wrong.

Shall I just call it quits and re-install the OS?

Cheers
Mat

Associate
OP
I think that Microsoft troubleshoot page contain some typo, I didnt remembered see wuwebv.dll when I reset and repaired broken windows update on Windows 8 and 10 years ago.

I googled wuwebv.dll found it is called Windows Update Web Vista Control that was used back in Windows Vista and Windows 7.

I searched wuwebv.dll in Windows folder and found nothing so you really dont need to register wuwebv.dll.
thanks. I think I may have to log with MS as windows update is still knackered

Associate
OP
Hmmm try this fix.

if it still not fix your Windows Update then it best to reinstall Windows 11 to fix broken Windows Update.
Thanks for the link but I think it may be quicker just to reimage the desktop as following all the steps mentioned in the guide will take 2-4 hours.

Associate
OP
OK so Windows Updates itself is functioning but it wont install a specific update 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022303)
I have download the update manually from MS and it also fails to install? I might just wait till the next MS patch window and see if there is another cumulative update that supersedes the one that wont install ?

Associate
OP
I never heard of Cache Manager BSOD errors before and decided to googled to see if Windows has Cache Manager and really surprised Windows has it.

Try run chkdisk C: /f /r to check file system to repair corrupt/error files.
I have ran these commands before and ran then again so let see what happens. I am wandering if RAM in expo mode could cause BSODs?

Back
Top Bottom