Win 7 setup - should I get an SSD HDD

Soldato
Can I ask, does this basically plug into a Sata connector onto the motherboard? Not sure I understand all the stuff regarding the controller. Is the controller integrated onto the HD or is this another piece of hardware that needs to be bought?

Also, regarding speed differences, last I check there wasnt a huge difference between SSD and HDD, is this now no longer the case? How quick are we talking about boot times etc?

And is Intel the way to go for SSD HDs now?

Don
Can I ask, does this basically plug into a Sata connector onto the motherboard? Not sure I understand all the stuff regarding the controller. Is the controller integrated onto the HD or is this another piece of hardware that needs to be bought?

Also, regarding speed differences, last I check there wasnt a huge difference between SSD and HDD, is this now no longer the case? How quick are we talking about boot times etc?

And is Intel the way to go for SSD HDs now?

Yup its just like a normal HDD, but faster (on newer operating systems) I actually went for the Ocz one which is very fast indeed... it just works like a normal HDD in respect of plugging it into your motherboard

Stelly

Associate
I know that I will most likely get one of these around Christmas time, hopefully the prices might come down by then too. 64GB should be the sweet spot for most general users, although most users should know how much space they need for their OS and Apps :).

Associate
I was just about to buy a 64Gb but have decided to run Windows 7 on a Raptor 74 for a couple of months to see how the size is for general use. If its ok once all the usual programs and crap has been installed I'll be able to make a decision on the SSD - and with a bit of luck the prices will have sorted themselves out a bit more

Back
Top Bottom