Win 8 Task Manager is taking the...

Associate
So windows 8 pro 64 bit is working perfectly on my system.

Everything is smooth and quick apart from the task manager.

Whatever way I launch it. Usually Ctrl+Shift+Esc (but also both Crtl+Alt+Del + click and from task bar).

It can take a ridiculous long time to appear. I just timed one at 83 seconds. Normally its 40ish seconds.

I mean really? The task manager? I've never seen such a long start up without the rest of the system also being slow which is definitely not the case.

It doesn't bother me too much as I hardly ever need it open so have just stopped using it unless i need to...

But is there a solution? Any ideas? Thank you.

Associate
OP
yer don't get me wrong guys. on win7 it would launch almost instantly. i know it should be quicker. its just there is no obvious reason why it is slow for me on 8.

Chrome for example launches (with all extensions) in under 2 seconds. Hell I can be in game in crysis probably in the same time the task manager launches.

was wondering if there was a way of checking what the hell its doing while its not appearing or if there's some errors or wrong priority options.

(and yes hard drive is only 3% fragged atm. it is defraged after any large in/uninstall (eg most weeks for new games)

Back
Top Bottom