Window plantation shutters.

Soldato
Hope you’re all well. I’m just after a bit of advice that anyone may be able to steer myself in please. It’s a bit long winded so tia if you read.

Less than a year ago we had some window plantation shutters installed (by a company a friend had used several times) First set that was installed, the installer-owner ordered the wrong colour (was adamant it was our fault until I showed him the order form to which he then blamed the factory for old colour names…..fair enough) second set all were great apart from this particular large window….to which he split the opening in to 4 panels (2 bifold panels either side) which obviously were too heavy and just sagged on the hinges as-well as having some warped blades…..

Fast forward a few months, a third set of shutters were ordered and installed on this particular larger window ….this particular window was now split in to 4 panels: each panel single hung now so no bifold concertina motion etc.….bare in mind not once did the owner/installer have any concerns about the size of this window when surveying/measuring up, as he could have offered the alternative range with aluminium cores to prevent deflection/warping)

After the 3rd set installation, all was fine and payment was made. Now the problem started a few months ago again with slight blade deflection / bow, warp whatever you want to call it. The manufacturer warranty tollerance is plus/minus 2mm blade deflection. I would say a third of each panel blades have a plus/minus 5mm warp to them, with a couple on each panel slightly more @10mm.

I have emailed pictures over to the said owner/installer, bit of a sleezeball tbh! Blocked my number etc….however we have had email contact back and forth. (Yes I probably would be annoyed and out of pocket, however these previous mistakes were all the owner/installers fault)

I’m just wondering what my next move/where I stand in regards to what should/could be done? Again, a product that was installed less than a year ago and claims to have a warranty. (Since my contact with the owner, several of my website concerns - size limitations etc website corrections have been made on their website, in which I have screenshots with time stamps of previous website statements along with the corrected website statements) to which were emailed to the owner/installer. He has now been stating “it’s because the window is too big” hence now the adjusted window panel limitation spreadsheet.

Apologies for the long winded slightly messy post but the problem has been eating myself up on what route to go down next. I have even offered to contribute for the next range up (with aluminium cores) his response was to replace 2xs single blades. Not acceptable when a third of each panel has blade deflection.

Thanks if you have read this far :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom