windows 10 brain fart

Associate
hello all
I've had a brain fart . I'm not a pc pro in any way but I've always looked after my own computers with regards to upgrades etc and even built my first pc a year ago and all good until now. I decided to replace the harddrive of a laptop to a ssd but the brain fart kicked in, for some strange reason I only focused on the the fact that the old hd was 1tb but only used 200gb so I thought for money reasons a 500gb ssd would be ok and I bought a dock to so I could remove old hd and clone to ssd but brain fart and realesed 1tb wont go into 500gb even though on using 200gb . I'm not sure what direction to go now .

can anyone help

Associate
OP
thanks for the quick reply.
I had originally intended to do that but then bought the dock with the idea of just placing the 2 drives in the dock press a button and go , but NO.

so does that mean if i put macrium on my desktop and connect the dock with the 2 drives I can then tell macrium to clone from the 1 tb hd to the 500gb ssd

Associate
OP
The drive wouldn't be in the desktop just connected via the 2 bay dock . The drive is also out of the laptop now so I don't want to put it back in then do clone then remove etc etc

Associate
OP
Thanks for the help.
I have another thread with regards to my new ssd with a new issue.
Using 2 forms of connection to a pc I can't get the pc to see the new ssd so I'm just looking at what else to do. So when that's sorted I'll try reflect

Back
Top Bottom