Windows 10 Freezing on LockScreen

Associate
Im not sure if this is the right place to post this. But im at a loss. Last night my PC froze up i dont know why, i wasnt using it at the time and it was only when i couldnt access some files on it over the network i realised something was wrong. I attempted to log into the pc the screen came on but the mouse pointer wouldnt move nor would any keyboard input do anything. I figured it was just one of those things, rebooted it and crashed out.

Then this morning it appeared to have done the same thing, only this time the mouse would move, but i could still get no response from the system. Now i know the time that it happened. Ive tried using that "Reliability" program but that just shows when i had to kill the machine with the power button. Is there anything else i can look at to show what happened at that time? Any logs or event lists?

Hope someone can shed some light on this.
Thanks
Brian.

Man of Honour
Hold Shift as you log in so Windows bypasses the startup items. If it's something at logon that loads then this will stop that and you can then investigate startup items once logged in.

Back
Top Bottom