Windows 10 sound problem

Associate
Guys i have problems with crackling whenever i do something like scrolling with mouse, opening new programs or tabs while listening music. Also after windows booting sound can be sometimes too low and distorted, and the only fix for that is unplugging 3.5mm cable and plugging again. My motherboard is Asus crosshair viii hero with drivers installed from asus website.

While those are rarer nowadays motherboard integrated sound cards used to be known from such interference problems when they first appeared.
Buying separate sound card in addition to sensibly priced board instead of ridiculous expensive board would have been more sensible and allowed keeping soudn card long time.

Though sounds like there's also usual run of the mill something broken by Wintoys10, if there's problem helped by unplugging and plugging.
What are you connecting to it and are you using front or rear connector?

Also if not using mic make sure all sound inputs are muted.
Those might capture some interference.

I use rear connector. Usually it is enough to 1 time unplugg and plug again to sound fix, but today i had to do it 3 times and after that sound is much better. Can it be hardware problem? I spent so much money on this board so i hope it can be fixed in software level.

If you're using headphones rear connectors apparently aren't intended for use with them in most boards.

As for plugging thing PC's audio connectors have switches, which detect plug insertion and give signal from that to sound chip.
But I don't think hardware level problem in that should cause such problem.
Though digital devices like PCs can do three things, work, not work, or do who knows what.
Disabling automatric driver updatemessing of Wintoys10 would be one thing to try.
You never know what bad/buggy drivers it insists forcing.
It's after all Microsoft, who uses paying customers as unpaid alpha testers, because having own actual testing department was too outdated.

And you definitely overspent of that.
Entirely good enough boards for any AM4 CPU would have been available for £200 level either saving difference, or leaving it for something else giving actual extra/long lasting value for money.

Guys i have problems with crackling whenever i do something like scrolling with mouse, opening new programs or tabs while listening music. Also after windows booting sound can be sometimes too low and distorted, and the only fix for that is unplugging 3.5mm cable and plugging again. My motherboard is Asus crosshair viii hero with drivers installed from asus website.
What's your fclk set too? as sometimes this can produce crackles and sound cutting out when it's set high. I experienced this when trying to run 1900fclk on my bros x570 taichi even with a sound card installed. Dropping it to 1867 did the trick.

Well, unless someone knows where to get working crystal ball I don't know way to tell on which side fault is.
If you're not willing try to try Windows reinstall, you could try if integrated sound card works properly in live-Linux.

Though not sure if these latest "good luck for finding datasheet" Realteks are supported.
Lubuntu/Xubuntu would be distributions I would try first.
Manjaro would be entirely different base distro.

I stopped using onboard sound quite some time ago now.
Real men never even switched to integrated sound cards.;)

Back
Top Bottom